Newer 2018 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetgrass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Bought brand new, and now with about 6100+ miles on it, there is a noise that has developed from what appears to be coming from somewhere in the front end. Happens when I hit a sharp bump or when the suspension flexes just right to duplicate the sound. After running a fire road over the weekend the noise has gotten worse. Any of you guys every experience something like this?

Just to note, truck is basically stock other than the 315/70/17 KM3's I put on it and the Leitner Rack.

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Was your VIN effected by the steering drag link separation recall? May want to log into your Mopar account and check to see if you should take it in.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
to have any chance of getting help youll have to be far more specific than just a 'noise'

OP
OP
S

sweetgrass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Well if it was, then dont take it in! LOL

My VIN was affected, I took it in, they did torque per spec to 110ftlbs, but I opted out of the official fix which was to weld the nuts. But I did check the nuts and they are still tight.

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a couple of issues with my '18 PW and am searching for the same type of problems by keyword for possible answers. I don't have my written report from my last dealership trip but verbally they said "don't know what it is"... I should have the report next week. This is the first one- front end noise- it sounds like a grunt and is felt in the driver's floorboard and gas/ brake petals. The first time was in 4 lo at idle in sand, high angle left turn up or downhill slope. I tried to find it with my wife driving following along on foot and can't hear it over other normal noises. I was also able to duplicate it in 2 WD, RH turn off pavement onto sand slight uphill grade with rear wheels slipping under acceleration. I will try to duplicate it in 2 WD again today. Any help is appreciated.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a couple of issues with my '18 PW and am searching for the same type of problems by keyword for possible answers. I don't have my written report from my last dealership trip but verbally they said "don't know what it is"... I should have the report next week. This is the first one- front end noise- it sounds like a grunt and is felt in the driver's floorboard and gas/ brake petals. The first time was in 4 lo at idle in sand, high angle left turn up or downhill slope. I tried to find it with my wife driving following along on foot and can't hear it over other normal noises. I was also able to duplicate it in 2 WD, RH turn off pavement onto sand slight uphill grade with rear wheels slipping under acceleration. I will try to duplicate it in 2 WD again today. Any help is appreciated.
Does the sound match what is described in this thread? Is your truck affected by the recall? If you're not sure on the second, you can check to see. I think a lot of us on here were affected by that recall and some have gotten the full dealership fix and some have only done partial fix.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sound mine makes is more like a grunt. The dealership was supposed to C/W the drag link recall while in for other things a couple of weeks ago. Including the "grunt" which they did not find or fix...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr