Newly developed vibration 33-37mph in either 5th or 6th gear on an 8spd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a newly developed vibration that I am noticing. It sounds like something is rattling in the driver side floorboard but it is linked to speed and transmission gear.
It appears intermittently when I am going between 33 and 37 mph in either 5th gear or 6th gear ( i havent narrowed it down to which one yet. As soon as I get out of the gear or lay off the accelerator it goes away and doesnt come back until I am in that gear/speed range again. I am almost tempted to wonder if it is related to the bodylift I just installed as the location of the rattle/vibration seems to be where the driver side body mount location is, but I have that body mount and all others torqued to spec. With regard to the body lift specficially. I installed it and torqued it down then drove 150 miles at highway speed and rechecked torque and nothing had moved.
Is this vibration actually the transmission or is there still a chance its related to the body mount/bushing? If its the transmission will a fluid change help?