OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I'm looking at ditching mine too, too many folks having issues with them
I really like the XT's. It was a toss up between the Grabbers and these and I chose the XT's....price was better than the Grabbers. Quiet and better traction in all conditions.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
IMHO, OEM tires for cars and truck are to be safe, cheap, quiet, brake well and have low rolling resistance. They don't have to last long but they can't develop a reputation for blow outs. They are name brands owned by Japanese, Korean, European and USA companies. Some of these companies make some of their tires in China in their own plants.

With one exception, Sailun, Chinese owned brands have inconsistent quality. You may get one that lasts, but your chances of getting a bomb are high. I bought a set of Waterfall tires at Walmart for our 2008 Toyota Solara, which only gets driven around town. On the one hand they seem to show no wear after 20,000 miles, on the other hand they totally suck. Even after considerable rebalancing, this smooth running car vibrates. A set of Goalstars came with our Suzuki SX4. They also vibrated. Our Grand Design travel trailer came with Westlakes, commonly referred to as Chinabombs. These have a reputation for blowing up on a hot day, no matter what the speed. I was lucky and got 10,000 miles before a sidewall on one started to bulge.

Chinese owned brands have a reputation for low quality and they deserve it. I would avoid a Chinese branded tire on any vehicle.

Trailer RVers swear by Goodyear Endurance tires. The only Chinese brand tire I'd trust at all is Sailun tires. If you want to see how bad Chinese brand tires can be visit an RV forum.... there are entire sub-forums on the topic.

Treburkulosis

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wife has Nexen on her Pacifica and they are close to 1/4 of their life left at 21k. Rotated 3 times maybe 4 I believe. 2 years old. I dont like them at all.