Nightmares 2013 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lysergic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Tradesman 4x4
Engine
4.7L V8
To the OP - I'd be calling the dealer out on this one, as others have suggested. If the boots were completely gone it should have been noted at the last OC. I've always had hubs start ticking well before boots failed, but I'm not in a cold climate either.

I did the entire front end on my 2012 Tradesman a little over a year ago. Axles, brakes, hubs, shocks, ball joints, everything. It didn't cost me anywhere near 5K in parts! I'm fortunate to be able to do the work myself as I have the space and the tools. I was prepared for a horror show in removing the axles, but I have a CV puller. In my case, the passenger and driver sides both came out with a single whack on the slide hammer. I started spraying them with PB Blaster a week before the repair, so that may have helped.

Good luck!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The ripped boots & any signs of rust, should have been noted on each invoice, along with other observations, ie: frayed fan belts, wet hoses, worn or bald tires, etc.