No air flow from dash vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzlypaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey guys,

I can cycle through the options with the selector switch and everything works as far as the floor/defrost vents go but I'm not getting anything at all from the dash vents. Speed control for the blower and heat control both work.

I replaced both the actuators behind the radio/hvac controls last summer after one of the gears stripped out. Everything was working fine until recently.

What can I check? Does anyone know which actuator controls the airflow to the dash vents?

Thanks

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd get back behind the radio/hvac controls and check them, I think 1 is for defrost or floor and the other should be for your dash vents, try swapping them and see what happens. I had this problem on my previous truck and did what I mentioned here and found the blender actuator gears for the dash vents were toast.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
underneath the glove compartment
You will see the fan, now look just to the left of the fan motor housing.

Do you see the actuator & the rod on the actuator ?
as you look at the actuator, play with the HVAC Controls & see if it moves.

It will look just like the 2 actuators that you already worked on

OP
OP
G

grizzlypaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Figured I would update this. The two blend doors by the radio, the top one seems to control the defrost/dash vents, the bottom one does the floor and some blending I guess. The one behind the glovebox is the blend door for the temperature.

I can move the doors easily by hand. I swapped two of the actuators but the problem stays with the top actuator. It seems like the problem is with the hvac module because it can move the actuator in one direction but not the other.

If I can get the actuator on the dash vents, then go to defrost, it may or may not come back to the dash position