No Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spphil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2019 Laramie 4X4 . The backup camera has stopped working. Just a blank screen . Stopped at the dealer and they think it is a software update . Scheduled for Wed. the 13 to update the software. Everthing else is working on the 8.4" screen. Any ideas ?? No codes.

OP
OP
S

spphil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went out this morning and it is working as it should . I was at the dealer yesterday and they couldn't get to work . Called them up and they said that was probably doing a software update via U-Connect yesterday.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I went out this morning and it is working as it should . I was at the dealer yesterday and they couldn't get to work . Called them up and they said that was probably doing a software update via U-Connect yesterday.
Good chance that was it. Had the 8.4 in my 17 and have one now in my 19. I’ve not experienced any issues with either. The 8.4 seems to be pretty reliable.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only issues that I have had with my back up cam is it won't work when the electrical gremlins attack my 8.4. Couple of time but hey, that's what mirrors are for

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Glad to hear this update, @spphil! Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you experience this again or you are ever in need of any additional assistance down the road.

Mark
RamCares