No Bed LED Lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was surprised to find that there are no lights in the back of the bed. My 2016 Sport had really nice bed LED lights. Anyone install bed lights in their 2019 Sport.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It’s an option from factory. I am sure you can also order and install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl

I bought those for my 2019 and they dont fit the holes in the bedwall. these require a square cut hole on each end for the fasteners to fit in and I dont want to be cutting any new holes . they also come with wiring that must be run all the way to the battery and then after install you have to go to the dealer and pay them money to flash the ecm to know they are there. my son just wired his to the live feed for the 7 pin trailer plug and put a toggle switch on one side. cant decide whether I want to do that or return tham for refund and buy again later thinking that they will at some point catch their mistake. I too was surprised that there were no lights. my last two gm trucks had these

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought those for my 2019 and they dont fit the holes in the bedwall. these require a square cut hole on each end for the fasteners to fit in and I dont want to be cutting any new holes . they also come with wiring that must be run all the way to the battery and then after install you have to go to the dealer and pay them money to flash the ecm to know they are there. my son just wired his to the live feed for the 7 pin trailer plug and put a toggle switch on one side. cant decide whether I want to do that or return tham for refund and buy again later thinking that they will at some point catch their mistake. I too was surprised that there were no lights. my last two gm trucks had these

You got the ones for the 19? They just came available to my knowledge from the dealer. You may have got the ones for the 18

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you see the install steps or what it cost to have them installed and computer flashed, you may opt for another solution.

You could tap into the cargo lights as switched power and run LED strips that would be brighter and look nicer IMO for $15 on your own.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I certainly didnt receive the correct ones but they were the part number from the ram website and from Dallas Dodge, a major parts supplier here. most likely I will send them back for a refund.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I will install my self as well as the remote start and trailer brake then have the dealer flash all together.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the link. I just counted 67 installation steps. Holy crap what happened to four screws and a plug in connector. They sure did not make this install easy. For the price of this truck it should really have been a stock item.

I agree. I don’t know why the dead harness isn’t near the rear axle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mainard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I bought rock lights $35 and screwed in on the plastic part c39eb3ffb6cda33f3cb449cf208765eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ran the wiring for the Mopar bed light kit this afternoon but ran out of daylight before I could finish wiring into the electrical module. What a pain in the ass. The instructions that come with the kit are are a little extreme. You don’t need to lift and take tires off, but you do need to take the wheel well liner off. Getting the wires through the firewall grommet is not easy...

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ran the wiring for the Mopar bed light kit this afternoon but ran out of daylight before I could finish wiring into the electrical module. What a pain in the ass. The instructions that come with the kit are are a little extreme. You don’t need to lift and take tires off, but you do need to take the wheel well liner off. Getting the wires through the firewall grommet is not easy...

Ok, something isn’t right. I got everything installed and connected wires to the harnesses listed in the instructions. The bed lights come on when the truck starts, but I lost a bunch of radio and nav functions (maps, SiriusXM, etc). The push button on the lights doesn’t work to turn them on and off, and they turn off after 7 minutes (accessory time).

Any ideas?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, something isn’t right. I got everything installed and connected wires to the harnesses listed in the instructions. The bed lights come on when the truck starts, but I lost a bunch of radio and nav functions (maps, SiriusXM, etc). The push button on the lights doesn’t work to turn them on and off, and they turn off after 7 minutes (accessory time).

Any ideas?

I read on another forum that the wires are pinned wrong on the connectors of the bed light kit. That person took it to the dealer to get it flashed and then they discovered the issue.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
not good on a 56K msrp truck to not have these included. the last few gm trucks I have had bed lights in even the lowest electronics packages..as an earlier poster said just run a strip of LEDs under each rail and splice in wiring. my son did that on his '17 ram truck.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
not good on a 56K msrp truck to not have these included. the last few gm trucks I have had bed lights in even the lowest electronics packages..as an earlier poster said just run a strip of LEDs under each rail and splice in wiring. my son did that on his '17 ram truck.

They have bed lights standard but have the interior of a base Corolla. Pros and cons of each brand.