No bus I'm stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I got a no bus signal in my 99 Laramie, so I replaced alternator, battery, power wires and terminals, pcm, and entire wiring harness, but I'm wondering, could a bad bcm give a no bus or is it wires attached to it that could happen. It had an accident where the terminals were crossed and a couple days later nothing worked, now I have everything but the starting mechanism and electronics aren't working

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Crossing the terminals most likely fried some of the internals, that would be my guess. I’m not sure if there is a way to test it, maybe someone else can answer.

Bear_Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
No bus means the PCM is not communicating to the dash. If the truck won't run, then the issue can be the pcm, or the plug. I'm leaning towards the pcm. My truck would randomly shut down or not start giving a no bus on the dash. I tried replacing the plug with the bus wires on it with no luck. A referbished PCM fixed the issue 5 years ago. A no bus while still being able to drive is generally the plug on the dash not getting a good connection.