No crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ali07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram, 4x4 5.7 hemi. Drove it for about 2 hours last night no issues at all. Went to start it this morning and nothing. All electronics come on, everything. It just won’t crank. No click. I have no idea where to start. It throws a code saying the ignition voltage is low. But I messed with the plugs on the tipm and it clicked once but wouldn’t turn over. I’ve never had this issue before. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Simple stuff first. Check battery voltage if lower than 12.5 volts, you've found at least part of the problem. If you have a charger charge it up, get it started and head to the nearest auto parts store, have them check alternator/regulator etc. Get a new battery if all else is good.

If battery is good, the next step is check the battery wiring. Make sure ground lines are clean good and tight, connections at the battery and at the ground points. Same for the +12V side especially at the battery. All tie points should be clean, tight, and dry.

Mike

Last edited: