No fuel pump...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdvaughn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Odd problem happened on my 98 1500 (5.9), the fuel pump shut down while driving. Letting it sit a few minutes, it restarted but only made it about a mile before shutting down again. Replaced relay, even jumped 87/30 on the relay and got it to start but only lasted 10 seconds. Replaced the pump and now zero power back there. Relay and all fuses inside cab are good. Any ideas if there is another fuse I am missing? Thanks, guys.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Odd problem happened on my 98 1500 (5.9), the fuel pump shut down while driving. Letting it sit a few minutes, it restarted but only made it about a mile before shutting down again. Replaced relay, even jumped 87/30 on the relay and got it to start but only lasted 10 seconds. Replaced the pump and now zero power back there. Relay and all fuses inside cab are good. Any ideas if there is another fuse I am missing? Thanks, guys.
Make sure that when you turn the ignition key to the run position that the ASD RELAY is powered up in the PDC or Power Distribution Center. The ASD Relay provides the B+ Battery power to the fuel pump relay and then from the relay to the pump.

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
M

Mdvaughn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have power to the relay and to the pump (one wire only has power at pump). The pump is brand new. What else am I missing?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
had this issue on one before it was a ground issue I ran a new ground wire off frame and it fixed the problem. Also the pump circuit will only supply power for the first few seconds after switch is turned on

OP
OP
M

Mdvaughn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ground wire from where? The connector at the pump?

OP
OP
M

Mdvaughn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now it seems I have no power to the pump itself. Test light shows nothing. Relay is good (checked and moved many times). Looked under main fuse box and it all still looks new. I’m at a total loss here.