No holes front license plate holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gawdzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to mount a front license plate holder for my 2017 Ram Sport 1500. I do not want to drill holes. Any solutions? Does anyone make a no-holes holder?

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
I'm not familiar with your bumper but I would assume the holes are already there maybe with plugs in it.
Factory holder.
1647131960159.png

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Silicone the mount to the bumper ,how ever I’m not sure about paint damage. There should be divots where to drill ,if you decide to gothat route

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That type of license plate holder hardly works on the metal bumpers
It does not even come close to the plastic type bumpers

even though i hated to do it, California says it has to be on the front & rear

So i followed that line

1647153449535.png

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is a list of states requiring a front & rear license plates. I believe this list is current.

There are 30 states plus Washington D.C. that require a front license plate.​

The states are as follows:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Silicone the mount to the bumper ,how ever I’m not sure about paint damage. There should be divots where to drill ,if you decide to gothat route
Yup, silicone over the top a square of PPF. No holes, no damage

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I took mine off lol ... my truck is so illegal but honestly if are not driving like an idiot at least here they don't stop you for tint, no license, smoked out headlights and tailights, too low, too high ...

I wouldn't worry about it unless you already got stopped and they already have you on their radar ...

OP
OP
G

Gawdzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why do you "need to" though ...did you already get stopped and cited for it ?
I'm moving to Wisconsin from Florida. My truck is Sublime green, so it stands out like a sore thumb. I don't want any problems. Plus, I'm an old lady and don't need the hassle.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I leave my front plates off my personal truck. It is a fix it ticket in the state of Oregon and the amount of people that get pulled over for it is minimal. I also don't drive around odd hours and not out looking for trouble.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took mine off lol ... my truck is so illegal but honestly if are not driving like an idiot at least here they don't stop you for tint, no license, smoked out headlights and tailights, too low, too high ...

I wouldn't worry about it unless you already got stopped and they already have you on their radar ...
Same here in Texas. Just dont be an idiot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It won't work for me, about a third of the jobs that i do is with Highway Patrol & they check our vehicles & all paperwork over before we begin a job

We can't legally close a road by ourselves, but the State Police look at our paperwork & either they or they direct us to block side roads

This CHP was not pulling me over, he & another CHP drove behind me for several miles, then one of them passed me just before we were coming up on a intersection

1647237023813.png

1647237080270.png

Last edited:

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make a bracket from the tow hook mounts through the bumper where the tow hooks go. You can remove the cover plate or cut a hole in the plastic. You'll have to account for the parking sensors if you have them for your final plate position.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm sure it's not the answer you're looking for but....Just drill the damn holes. Your truck is moving to a state which requires it. If you plan on keeping the truck for life, do you really think a few small holes in the bumper with screws in them will cause rust or whatever your worried about? Or do you think someone won't buy your truck because you screwed-in the license plate frame? Most states require a front license plate. My dealer installed it on my new truck - it's a law and required for our yearly state inspection. Use #8 screws - not too large but will hold it.