no HVAC fan, ignition switch replaced. But?!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope someone has experienced this. 2002 ram 1500, HVAC fan was not working. I traced the problem to the ignition switch, I replaced the switch and now the only thing that works is the fan and the radio. I put the old switch back and by manipulating the wires the fan will work but nothing else. I have probed power, at the switch connector, to the starter and fuel pump, both will work. No power, when assembled, to anything on the instrument panel. I did also ring out the harness, the all have continuity.

Could I have shorted a fuse link somewhere. If so where might it be? Dose anyone have a real pinout diagram for the ignition switch connector, as I have not found one online ( that I trust ).

Also, I am not super good at this electrical stuff. I have normal DIY tools nothing fancy ( voltmeter and circuit tester.

I have been poking around on this thing for 2 days now, its almost time to go to a real mechanic ( or the scrap yard)

I'm in western Iowa, If ur close you can come fix it. I pay good. LOL

Thank you

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do a search and see if the C11 recall applies to your VIN. If the recall applies to your vehicle and has not been performed then it may be the culprit.

The C11 recall has us install an overlay harness for the blower motor wiring and part of that overlay harness required us to install two new wires into the ignition switch harness connector.

You can tell if the recall has been performed by inspecting the ignition switch connector. You will see two wires that were removed and cut off in the harness and two new wires that were added. One is a Green #10 wire and the other is a Pink/Black #10 wire that were installed into the ignition switch connector. These wire colors were also the ones that were cut back into the harness.

OP
OP
B

bustedknuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the recall was done, long ago, LOL the HVAC fan is the only thing that still works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963