No I do not want to race you in your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee955i

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Meh, I get the Mustang guys and the ricers, not many trucks. Yeah, like i'm gonna go with some clown in the middle of a busy 6 lane.... LOL!!!!! I just ignore them.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is now the law in Tx. It might help with your problems if you're ever in Tx.

Jay

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had the same thing happen to me all the time in my 392 Charger....everyone wanted to race.

Attachments

• 20180522_202235.jpg
    20180522_202235.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 7

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is now the law in Tx. It might help with your problems if you're ever in Tx.

Jay
Im ok with the idiots that shut the roads down to do donuts and film it. They are ******** anyways. Now do I like to do some hits in the Ram and Charger. Yes. But I also make sure there is no way I can hurt anyone. I tend to get more people wanting to run me in the Ram vs my R/T Charger.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've picked up way too many people, or their pieces, off the street or out of their car because of accidents as a result of people doing dumb stuff like racing on the streets.
Jay
Yep, and you see them at the dragstrip and they set in the stands telling you how much faster their car is than yours!

Last edited:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l

Jay

yikes... see this can be a double edge sword though.

Passing a bill like this is obviously a good idea (And this is coming from a guy who used to street race a LOT). im not going to provide excuses on what i did to make it "safer".. because no matter how you look at it. someone's life was being put in danger.

But bills like this should be kept hush hush... because when someone goes racing, and gets lit up their first thought will be "Im gonna lose my car" which is then followed by... "Eff it, might as well put my foot down and try to run, because at least then i have a 50/50 shot at NOT losing my car".... which usually ends up in a guaranteed accident.

Houston i would say is worse than Dallas/ up north. because we have TX2K every year. at one point the cops just stopped chasing people all together because they would just put the hammer down and potentially cause more harm.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I suppose there are certain assumptions going to happen about a guy who buys a Scatpack, no?

I mean, if'n you were hobbling along in a cobbled up VW Bus, I'd wager nobody'd be revving at the line with you, eh?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I blame the city fathers for street racing

We had a 1/4 mile Drag Strip just north of San Diego, the city fathers could not wait to turn it into LEGOLAND

We had a road with over a mile straightaway, nothing but ranches on that street & there were no cross streets.
No one used that road unless they were lost, so the ranchers would close the road & run unsanctioned racing for about 2 or 3 hours.
The Sheriff was told to shut it down & tried, the ranchers would let the race vehicles hide in their barns.
The Sheriff brought in Helicopters & started catching the racers.

So the Indian Reservation just up the road, shut down a road on the Reservation & opened a 1/8 mile track
Sheriff has to ask permission to enter the reservation

San Diego had a Stadium, a group got together & closed off a 1/8 mile of the parking lot for open drag racing
The City used every thing on the Books to block them from racing & the group just gave up
Now that whole stadium is being revamped, there will be no car racing

No place to race except on the streets
So the law enforcement is putting up STOP SIGNs & other traffic control methods, Bumps, Dips & Circles

It is unsafe on the main HWYs at night
Drunks, Druggies & people from overseas that refuse to obey our rules

Last edited:

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yikes... see this can be a double edge sword though.

Passing a bill like this is obviously a good idea (And this is coming from a guy who used to street race a LOT). im not going to provide excuses on what i did to make it "safer".. because no matter how you look at it. someone's life was being put in danger.

But bills like this should be kept hush hush... because when someone goes racing, and gets lit up their first thought will be "Im gonna lose my car" which is then followed by... "Eff it, might as well put my foot down and try to run, because at least then i have a 50/50 shot at NOT losing my car".... which usually ends up in a guaranteed accident.

Houston i would say is worse than Dallas/ up north. because we have TX2K every year. at one point the cops just stopped chasing people all together because they would just put the hammer down and potentially cause more harm.
Then, you not only lose your car - you lose your freedom, cause now, you're going to jail!

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Then, you not only lose your car - you lose your freedom, cause now, you're going to jail!
oh yeah absolutely. im just saying. when i was hanging around that crowd they would rather risk their/others lives, than risk losing their car.

I was just simply saying they need to think carefully about enacting these tough consequences, because these guys would rather lose their life, than their car..

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l

We had a 1/4 mile Drag Strip just north of San Diego, the city fathers could not wait to turn it into LEGOLAND

We had a road with over a mile straightaway, nothing but ranches on that street & there were no cross streets.
No one used that road unless they were lost, so the ranchers would close the road & run unsanctioned racing for about 2 or 3 hours.
The Sheriff was told to shut it down & tried, the ranchers would let the race vehicles hide in their barns.

So the Indian Reservation just up the road, shut down a road on the Reservation & opened a 1/8 mile track

San Diego had a Stadium, a group got together & closed off a 1/8 mile of the parking lot for open drag racing
The City used every thing on the Books to block them from racing & the group just gave up

So the law enforcement is putting up STOP SIGNs & other traffic control methods, Bumps, Dips & Circles

im a bit confused by your above post. so do you support unsanctioned (which means illegal) racing or not? because the massive quote above kinda makes it seem like you support it... but you then go on to blame certain groups of people for not obeying the law.

Hopefully i didnt urk you too badly since i would've been one of those "people from overseas" that didnt obey the rules...

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im a bit confused by your above post. so do you support unsanctioned (which means illegal) racing or not? because the massive quote above kinda makes it seem like you support it... but you then go on to blame certain groups of people for not obeying the law.

Hopefully i didnt urk you too badly since i would've been one of those "people from overseas" that didnt obey the rules...
I read the same way you did.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
the ppl from overseas that i am referring to, were brought here after their country was involved in combat
There parents are great ppl, but the kids turn Nissans & similar vehicles into street racing cars & race through my town, not on Main Street, but on the side streets, where children are often playing & jay walking.
Please take away those cars & their right to drive any where
The other half was the fact that the city fathers are closing down legal drag strips & forcing people to find a straight section of road out in the boondocks.

We will continue to build faster vehicles & compete against another vehicle.
Just like children blocking off a low traffic road & playing basketball

If the city Fathers would allow us a place to race, they would have less illegal racing

They took away drag racing at our stadium, long before the stadium changed hands
They took away a canyon that someone had made into Carlsbad raceway, they forced the owner by continually making further rules, to close so Legoland could be built.
Where can we go to race legally ?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pulled up next to a new white Challenger with shaker hood this morning and neither one of us appeared to want to race. My biggest disappointment tho was the driver (middle aged female by the way) didn't even rev that bad boy up even a little just eased on the gas when the light changed, I did the same lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I completely agree. I had a local 1.8th mile track in town that I went to every Thursday, Friday, and Sunday to race. They have shut down everything around us except for Texas Motorplex and I wager it wont be too much longer until the housing boom around it shuts it down. Its been sad to see Green Valley slowly disappear. Its 15 minutes away. Bill Hielscher who co owned Green Valley bought the local track in my hometown. It did ok for a few years until his daughter got it and then it was finally shut down for good. It keep us off the streets and on the track. No one wants to drive an 1 hour plus to go race your street car.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I completely agree. I had a local 1.8th mile track in town that I went to every Thursday, Friday, and Sunday to race. They have shut down everything around us except for Texas Motorplex and I wager it wont be too much longer until the housing boom around it shuts it down. Its been sad to see Green Valley slowly disappear. Its 15 minutes away. Bill Hielscher who co owned Green Valley bought the local track in my hometown. It did ok for a few years until his daughter got it and then it was finally shut down for good. It keep us off the streets and on the track. No one wants to drive an 1 hour plus to go race your street car.
I have to drive 2 to 2 1/2 hr. depending on which track they have a car show at. I enjoy it like crazy, don't have to worry about blue lights behind or someone pulling out in front of me. I enjoy the **** out of it! I drive it to the track and back home from the track. I've done that with every car or truck I've ever raced. That's a street race car, not one you haul on a trailer! Now I'm no angel, back in my younger days I was as dumb as the rest of them. Thank God I lived through it and never hurt anyone, my guardian angel rode shotgun instead of trying to keep up! LOL

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have to drive 2 to 2 1/2 hr. depending on which track they have a car show at. I enjoy it like crazy, don't have to worry about blue lights behind or someone pulling out in front of me. I enjoy the **** out of it! I drive it to the track and back home from the track. I've done that with every car or truck I've ever raced. That's a street race car, not one you haul on a trailer! Now I'm no angel, back in my younger days I was as dumb as the rest of them. Thank God I lived through it and never hurt anyone, my guardian angel rode shotgun instead of trying to keep up! LOL
Agreed the boys like to hear my old stories of going to Mexico. Wife and I are the Fast and Furious generation. I remember going to see the first one way back when. I miss my old Imports Suck t shirt I wore to said stupid times. Its sad that they are closing all the tracks and then people wonder why the sudden rise in illegal street racing happens. Its Bob and Sharon who aren't car people could car less about their cars that move into a well know area of a drag strip. They get the HOA behind them and begin to annoy the city. Eventually Bob gets on the City board and convinces the board to force the track to close. Its really sad. I miss the nights of hearing funny cars, jet cars, and loud engines roaring down the track. In my home town only 1 circle track is left and they fight the city constantly. I grew up at the track both circle and drag strip. Its one of the biggest things that made me a car guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn