No internet on (AT&T) hotspot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I have a 2019 1500 Limited and had been using the hotspot since I bought it 2+ years ago. Two weeks ago, my Wi-Fi stopped providing internet. I can connect to it, it just says no internet (tried multiple devices).

I’ve talked to AT&T several times. They say it is a UConnect problem, but have been unwilling to send me any documentation.

I tried unplugging the battery, resetting the Wi-Fi, and even took the car to the dealer. Dealer says I’m running the latest software and not getting any error codes.

Anyone having similar issues or have other suggestions?

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
I had a similar issue (Not uconnect or RAM related) but I had a work tablet where I hotspot through it and my work changed the data plan. With the changed data plan, it had a feature that had no allowed 'Sharable Data' , so maybe AT&T accidently activated that.
Double check with your provider to make sure your account has 'Shareable data'

kperusich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the same issue with my 2020 ram 2500 and 2021 jeep renegade, both quit at the same time. Talked with att customer service and they did their bologna Troubleshooting and recommend bringing to dealer for hard reset. He also mentioned this is a current issue with uconnect att, so hopefully they are working on something.
Still stuck without wifi, and dealer cannot get me in anytime soon. Anyone know how to hard reset a uconnect 12 and uconnect 7(i think that is what's in the jeep)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would guess that your subscription expired on something
Uconnect Advantage or Sirius Guardian or ?

OP
OP
MarvinK

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I took mine to the dealer. They hard reset it and verified I was on the latest version. They said the system was not producing any error codes.

Still not working. Escalated at AT&T.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I thought I read somewhere that when ATT upgrades the towers to 5g, the older vehicle's (with 3G wifi) wouldn't work anymore. The later versions (which I think started rolling out in 18) have 4g which I believe will still work.

**EDIT to Add** I think you can pull the radio fuse to do your own hard reset.

Last edited:

bax229

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2019 1500 Limited and had been using the hotspot since I bought it 2+ years ago. Two weeks ago, my Wi-Fi stopped providing internet. I can connect to it, it just says no internet (tried multiple devices).

I’ve talked to AT&T several times. They say it is a UConnect problem, but have been unwilling to send me any documentation.

I tried unplugging the battery, resetting the Wi-Fi, and even took the car to the dealer. Dealer says I’m running the latest software and not getting any error codes.

Hi @MarvinK

I just had the same situation happen with my 2019 Power Wagon. Wifi worked great for 2 years, then about 2 weeks ago..."no internet connection" on my devices.

Please keep me updated, if you find a solution.

-Bax

OP
OP
MarvinK

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Mine just mysteriously started working again today. I didn't do anything special.... maybe AT&T/UConnect figured out the problem on their end. Anyone else have better luck today?

garmond68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Had the same issue, after 2 trips to dealer with no fix i disconnected negitive terminal on battery, had a cup of coffee and reconnected it and **** everything started working.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
T Mobile 5G towers don't have much range, so there may be 1 or 2 towers on a single block
It jams the signal bad for Sirius XM reception in my valley town

Goodolboy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L w/ eTorque
Had the same issue, after 2 trips to dealer with no fix i disconnected negitive terminal on battery, had a cup of coffee and reconnected it and **** everything started working.
I have had the same issue's w/ AT&T. Does disconnecting the negative cable reset everything to factory?

Big Gus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Had the same issue with Wifi. I disconnected the neg terminal and no change. I also changed the password for the truck wifi. So I gave this a shot: Go on your device and go to wifi settings. Then forget network. I have an iPhone so I then went to “other” for the selection of networks and typed my trucks username and password in manually. It showed up on my phone and says hidden network under it but has worked with no issues since. Btw had to do that on ALL devices I use in my truck. Phone, laptop, ect

ktischler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Eco-diesel
That's what I had to do, too. It happened to me while on a extended road trip last December. After doing the battery thing it started working again, for one day. Then I had to do the power reset again and it's been fine ever since.

kaspegren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been dealing with no Wi-Fi issues since dec 2021. Opened several trouble tickets with ATT. They have insisted an UConnect issue. I sort of agreed due to troubleshooting we would do. Went to dealership for oil chAngie Friday. Mentioned the Wi-Fi issue thinking it would be a black hole dealership visit. 20 minutes later it was fixed. Ram has an update for the known issue. It’s. Two days later and still works.

mdmkesmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have 2018 1500 Big Horn, went to the dealer for an oil change around thanksgiving service rep says do you know your radio is delaminating I said yes i do it was under warranty so they swapped it out, ever since then uconnect hasn't worked can't remote start none of that the mopar app updates off of the uconnect now the mopar app doesn't update. called Serius/Guardian they said my account was in good standing call uconnect, so i did, i told uconnect that radio had been swapped out & my uconnect no longer works uconnect says its a known issue & they are working on it no estimated fix date in sight, they also said if & when there is a fix they don't know if will be rolled perhaps on a usb drive or of the air. stopped in to dealer to get there thoughts service rep says go to uconnect website put in your VIN # I did Im running the latest version. I did order the map update for $150 I haven't tried to install it yet. Then about 3 days ago my hotspot stopped working, checkied my ATT account its in good standing, so I think i will try pulling the negative cable off of the battery for a bit & see how that goes. I don't know if the hotspot & uconnect thing are related or a coincidence. Oh & btw the dealer said that they have an update that make the mopar app work but only they can do it i will have it done on my next oil change. Thank you all.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You should know, APPLE & Chrysler products have not seemingly worked together as far back as 2009 & maybe before that

The reason being Chrysler wants to change the look of their dash on the 2018 Rams.
They send out bids with what includes Design & Functions that they want.
The different radio companies submit their design & what they believe meets Chrysler's functions.

In the past the software has been designed by Linux engineers
I think the latest radios are Android based

Well Apple develops new software every 3 or 4 months & they believe that the world should revolve around their software.
Apple also does not like to make their software backwards compatible.

So in summary, the only way that your Apple device can be made to work smoothly with your Ram radio, is for Apple device users to complain loudly to Apple, that way Apple users make Apple write backwards compatible patches that work with Ram radios.

If you are an Apple device user, go to the Apple device forum & see what they are asking Apple to do & put in your thoughts on the issues that you are having

MS SANDI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
?
I have also had the same issue with the At&t internet where I can connect but it says no internet. At&t said it is a known issue with Chrysler, Ram, Dodge and Jeep related to upgrades to 5G. Contacted the dealership and they claim to be unaware of any issue and said I should buy a new system. I have attempted to email Ram and no response. Would appreciate a contact from the company to address this issue.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Sounds like someone is trying to pull the BS card at the dealership

I probably should not mention this, but do you think that if you were 6 feet tall & had a moustache, that person would still tell you
they were unaware of any issue and tell you that should buy a new system.

Shabermehl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I have a 2021 1500 Limited. Wifi stopped working in Feb after a year of it working. As of. Today, still no resolution. Active subscription with AT&T, they blame Stellantis. Took to the dealer, explained twice that the subscription was active and even gave them my AT&T service ticket number. Their response..."you have to pay for it." Unbelievable!

MN2500

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr ecoTorque
I have a 2021 2500 Laramie and have the same issue staring about three weeks ago. T-Mobile gave me two months free.