no oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joewrench508

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
recently swapped out cam, lifter and oil pump from AMS due to the dreaded lob failure on the cam. easy enough to disassemble the engine and replace with new parts. after replacement, first issue was a knock once I started the engine. quickly shut it off and tore it down to inspect new parts and installation. may have had timing chain off a tooth and I think the rocker arm guide was not torque down. everything else seemed OK so put it all back together triple checking alignment and torque. now I can't seem to get any oil pressure. installed MDS plugs, no oil pressure and then removed and reinstalled solenoid, no pressure. swapped out new oil pump with original and checked o-ring, still no pressure. primed engine with6 quarts of oil with pump directly into oil gallery via sending unit port on block. about to remove engine to check pick up tube for blockage. any suggestions?