no power to blower...advice needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

flathead31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i checked for power to each wire the dark blu and the blk and orange with the key on.there is power...then i put power to each one from the back of the fuse box...nothing... do those wires go through the big white connector plug with the bolt through it...if so how can i find them in the plug....i have the tape off the wires on that plug... is there diagram the shows the wires in that plug and where they go?

Last edited:

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm, sounds the dark blue wire might be damaged between the fuse panel and the splice that goes to the PDC and the heated mirror switch. In any case, there is another "dodge forum" that has a collection of factory service manuals which have wiring diagrams and connector pinouts etc..

OP
OP
F

flathead31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if i could just find that dark blue wire location in that connector pin out i think i would have it...its bad i have to do all this outside... truck is to tall to fit inside the weather is crazy here... i do remember seeing that wire i beleave in that molded wire harness that goes around the dash it was spliced...and i think it went to the blue wire on the heated mirror switch...the light blue wire with a yellow stripe from the heated mirror switch was melted all the way through the harness...

OP
OP
F

flathead31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the wire I was looking for.. Just have to feed it with a lgnition on fused source...thanks for all the help....

OP
OP
F

flathead31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the wire I was looking for.. Just have to feed it with a lgnition on fused source...thanks for all the help....
since i have power on the proper fuse at the fuse box, anything wrong with using a fuse tap to hook that blue wire up? something like this...

79041_primary_450px.jpg

Last edited:

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you stated above that there is power at the dark blue wire behind the fuse panel so I would just put in a new wire from there to the connector at the firewall. That way you still have the factory fuse. Either cut the wire and put connectors on it or use the wiretap style which might be easier.

sgopus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 l 24V Diesel
in short my truck was stolen in the day time...after a month, i get a call, they pulled a guy over in it, he had a warrant...so i went and drove the truck home...iam grateful and lucky...more to the story later..here is the issue. i notice that the fan only worked on hi, after looking into it he had the resistor unplugged because it got hot and melted the mounting it was in, also the dash was trashed.. he didnt know how to take it apart to put in the new heater core..but he got in installed...so i replaced the trashed, air plenum box that has the heater core, ac coil and blower motor. as well as the whole dash assy, after the complete reinstall, i replaced the blower motor and resistor,, no blower...fuse at the fuse panel is good, and the fuse under the hood is good as well as the blower relay...also new ignition switch...i did find the heated mirror wires from the push button on the dash had melted and burnt some wires i traced and seperated the ones that were stucked togeather ...here the thing if i run a hot wire a spot on the blower relay plug, fan works on all speeds, seems i lost power from some where there lies the problem..

It could very well be the blower motor resistor, the ceramic heats up and crumbles and the various parts break away, pull the resistor and check it, the damage will be obvious, don't buy replacement via autozone mega expensive, check out amazon I just bought one for $13 bucks free shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye