No power to blower motor or resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MomsTruckIsBetter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I have a 2011 Laramie with the auto feature. My blower motor stopped working. No fan on any setting. I have power to my fuse and the fuse is good. I have no power at my blower motor or resistor connections. I think I have power to my switch cause my air recirculation button is on that dial and it lights up like it’s working but I feel like I need to make sure. Does anyone have a good how to or resource on testing the switch? Or any other ideas?

OP
OP
M

MomsTruckIsBetter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Well…. Didn’t get any help here but I figured it out so I thought I’d post incase anyone else has the problem. After verifying no power to my resistor which means no power to the blower motor. I checked all my fuses. Tore apart my dash and verified power to my switch meaning the problem was in between the switch and resistor. Pulled the relay in my fuse box for my front HVAC system verified power to the relay, i didn’t have a reader to test the relay so I swapped it with a like in kind and viola. So to avoid all my trouble test the relay first if you have no power to the resistor. If I’d have thought about it I wouldn’t have checked the switch first, just couldn’t find a wiring diagram to really trace it down.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Good Follow up ,
That may help someone later on.
Bummer you did al that work when it was a relay :O
But it is also a good way to learn..
Again Thanks for updating

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
Well…. Didn’t get any help here but I figured it out so I thought I’d post incase anyone else has the problem. After verifying no power to my resistor which means no power to the blower motor. I checked all my fuses. Tore apart my dash and verified power to my switch meaning the problem was in between the switch and resistor. Pulled the relay in my fuse box for my front HVAC system verified power to the relay, i didn’t have a reader to test the relay so I swapped it with a like in kind and viola. So to avoid all my trouble test the relay first if you have no power to the resistor. If I’d have thought about it I wouldn’t have checked the switch first, just couldn’t find a wiring diagram to really trace it down.
That was one of my suspicions on my van. It was intermittent enough though so that twice when it wasn't blowing I shut the truck off, tapped on the blower with a hammer and each time it would then run. Blower itself was the culprit.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try this. Had this problem last year. Replaced blower motor fuse and relay. Was good until today. Found this video. Gonna spam a few threads with it because it seems to be the problem for me.