No rams built with technology or advanced safety group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Dealer just let me know that the truck I ordered on March 1 will not be built. Ram is not building any trucks with the technology or advanced safety group. I told him I would wait. If you want a truck with these you better find one and buy off the lot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
All of the Automobile companies have stopped delivering vehicles
They can't get any Microprocessors

In the Ram, there are about 126 microprocessors

So they can build a Ram & put it in storage until they can install the electronic equipment at a later date

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
It’s insane but not unexpected. My fleet orders were accepted under the wire but they were Hemi tradesman’s with minor functional upgrades. I was concerned they would not be accepted and started looking regionally.

What a joke...all I could find were Laramie and Laramie Longhorn trimmed trucks.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Those options are still available on the Laramie Longhorn & Limiteds. Not on the lower trims as an upgrade due to the chip shortage.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Ram 1500 big horn order was placed on February 17th. I have checked with FCA customer service several times, and they tell me it’s in line ready to be built ,waiting for parts and everything is normal . It takes 7 to 10 weeks . I chatted with them just 20 minutes ago and they told me the same thing. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
https://moparinsiders.com/semiconductor-chip-shortage-causes-ram-to-repackage-some-options/

Thanks to our dealer sources, we have found out that the Ram Truck brand has been forced to revamp several of its packages on its Ram 1500 and Heavy Duty lineup to keep production moving. Ram has decided to remove the Blind-Spot Monitoring (XAN) option from some of its most popular packages.

The standalone XAN option will remain closed across all trim levels (where applicable). The note to dealers stated that Limited Longhorn, Limited, Ram 1500 TRX, and Ram 2500 Power Wagon packages will remain unchanged for the time being.

For more information, they suggest that you check out sites that seem to know more than we do

for 1500 models 5th Gen Rams site, for Heavy Duty owners HD Rams site

Last edited:
OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I liked the bench seat option on the laramie package so I just add everything on so it would be like a limited. I can keep my current ride that has everything until the chips get sorted out.

SF_bay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn Max Cab
Engine
Cummings 6.7
SO I got my 2022 Longhorn Max Cab 2500 2 weeks ago with the 12" monitor and for the life of me I don't understand all that space for the display and about 20% is used. What is up with the options for the 'Theme' They don't appear to do anything and the manual says choose one of the 4 theme options, I pick one and system says its 'Loading' but there is no change to the display. Another issue is at times the screen will go completely blank but I can still hear the music, and yes I keep hitting the on/off button for the display. Really don't understand the downgrade to the software I sold my 2018 3500 Longhorn that had far superior software options and a better display. I hope to find out if the lose of some features for the 2022 2500 is based on chip shortage maybe I should go looking for my 2018 3500.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SO I got my 2022 Longhorn Max Cab 2500 2 weeks ago with the 12" monitor and for the life of me I don't understand all that space for the display and about 20% is used. What is up with the options for the 'Theme' They don't appear to do anything and the manual says choose one of the 4 theme options, I pick one and system says its 'Loading' but there is no change to the display. Another issue is at times the screen will go completely blank but I can still hear the music, and yes I keep hitting the on/off button for the display. Really don't understand the downgrade to the software I sold my 2018 3500 Longhorn that had far superior software options and a better display. I hope to find out if the lose of some features for the 2022 2500 is based on chip shortage maybe I should go looking for my 2018 3500.
I also have experienced the issue with the screen going black (while music is playing) on my '22 Laramie. Even a vehicle shutdown and restart won't fix it. I took it to the dealership and they did a reboot via their scan tool (twice) and made sure the radio was on the most recent software (I think there was a bulletin posted in this forum about a week back) and I haven't had any issues since.

I am experiencing issues with SiriusXM Guardian. I went to activate it and they are saying it's not an option on my truck because Ram Connect is replacing it. After a whole bunch of phone calls and visits to the dealer, we still aren't sure if it's available on the truck. They checked a range of 2022 Laramie and Limited models on the lot and none of them have Guardian (even though we all have the SOS and Assist buttons) - so their conclusion is that the 2022 don't come with Guardian. Seems the manufacturer is cutting a lot of corners due to the chip shortage. Makes me feel like 2022 models will be the least-desired models in a few years time when they're sitting on used lots.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The new Rams should all have the new Uconnect 5

Before like with the 2019 Rams, they had Uconnect 4 or 4.5

Last edited:

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The new Rams should all have the new Uconnect 5

Before like with the 2019 Rams, they had Uconnect 4 or 4.5

I definitely have Uconnect 5. Apparently it just doesn’t include SiriusXM Guardian.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye