No rear sway bar for 2021 3500 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
We bought a 3500 hemi crew to carry our FWC camper after using a first gen Tundra with airbags and Hellwig rear sway bar for a decade. I picked the 3500 for the leaf springs, and have since added Timbren's to help with bigger hits when offroading. We drive rough roads in the Sierra, Nevada and Death Valley on longer trips.

_DSC4160-XL.jpg

We hit sections of dirt that can get the camper swaying side to side, and I want to dampen the movement. I've tried two sets of Hellwig rear sway bars, and none fit. They make them for diesel, but not gassers, at least not for 5th gen RAM. Fitment is a struggle with the brake lines on the rear axle, and the muffler, apparently. I even called the dealer to see if RAM had a solution. They do not.

At this point, I've given up on getting a rear sway bar. Maybe better shocks can help, but I'm still getting the first 3000 miles on the OEM factory shocks. I'm open to suggestions. Camper weighs approx 1500# loaded.

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i dont know why you would call a dealer . do you know how to look at a parts diagram ?

OP
OP
lighthawk

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
I think Roadmaster is the only other rear sway bar solution available.

Thanks for the suggestion. Expensive but beefy product. I've posted a question to e-trailer to confirm this will fit a hemi, as other brands only seem to work with the diesel version. If I get a definitive answer, I'll report back.

OP
OP
lighthawk

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
i dont know why you would call a dealer . do you know how to look at a parts diagram ?
Do you have a parts diagram for a 2021 RAM 3500 with a hemi? The only one's I've seen are on the Mopar sites, and they don't tell enough to verify the fit.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Or a les expensive option would be some Timber Grove ASAMs.

OP
OP
lighthawk

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
Or a les expensive option would be some Timber Grove ASAMs

I appreciate a cheaper suggestion!

I've already installed Timbrens, and not interested in airbags. I've had issues with Firestone bags on other trucks. I'm still seeking a sway bar.

Thanks!

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a parts diagram for a 2021 RAM 3500 with a hemi? The only one's I've seen are on the Mopar sites, and they don't tell enough to verify the fit.

every online parts dealer has diagrams and you can enter your vin.
but on top of that, just look at the axle and see if theres empty brackets where a factory bar would be mounted. this will tell you if the dealer parts guy is a imbecile or not

OP
OP
lighthawk

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
every online parts dealer has diagrams and you can enter your vin.
but on top of that, just look at the axle and see if theres empty brackets where a factory bar would be mounted. this will tell you if the dealer parts guy is a imbecile or not

I've done that research and VIN comes up nada. Bottom of shock mounts may have a mounting location, but I think there may be an issue with the muffler and spare tire for an end link, according to the Hellwig tech I've spoken with. Roadmaster looks like the bar ends face forward, so maybe they will fit.

20211008_103013-X2.jpg

20211016_101808-X3.jpg

Last edited:

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know you arent looking for airbags, but the Airlifts 5000s have done wonders for me...

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I appreciate a cheaper suggestion!

I've already installed Timbrens, and not interested in airbags. I've had issues with Firestone bags on other trucks. I'm still seeking a sway bar.

Thanks!
Never dealt with the Firestones, I had a set of ASAM's on my 1500 and they were awesome. Actually considering getting them for my 3500. More for load leveling and stability.

I asked Hellwig if their sway bars would work on the Hemi dually's and because of the way the exhaust and other items are laid out for the Hemi's their sway bar won't fit. The Roadmaster sway bar, because the end links are forward of the axle, don't have the issues the Hellwigs have. Only thing is having to drill through the frame to get the forward end link mounts on.

That and the Roadmaster rear sway bar is pretty expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45