No Running lights with LED Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy3512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I bought some after market LED Taillights off Amazon. I installed them, the brake and turn signals work fine. The running/marker lights not so much. When you turn the key to on but don't start the truck the marker lights work but when you start the truck they flash randomly 3 times then stop working. Is this as simple as just wiring in a resistor for the marker lights? If so, what size resistor would be recommended? I'm new to the wiring/electrical/LED thing so I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Link to the Taillights I bought:

Omar57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im having the same issue. Anyone have an idea what it could be? My front passenger parking light is out, it flashes 3 times before it shuts off

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was having same issues with 2 sets of Amazon taillights, everything work except the running lights wouldn't come on with headlights, I believe it's the lights themselves, they don't play well with our rams, I just bought alpharex pro taillights and worked like a charm, I did have to Install the resistors they send if need them, and change settings in alfaobd to get parking light error message to stop

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The running/marker lights not so much. When you turn the key to on but don't start the truck the marker lights work but when you start the truck they flash randomly 3 times then stop working.
You might be able to fix this with AlfaOBD by setting the tail lights to LED type but a good probability you'll need to use resistors.

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes Alfaobd definitely helped with installation of led conversion on my truck, but in my case it didn't help with parking light out message, that's where resistors come in

Recon78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can you buy the alpha obd? I’m having the same issue. Bought led taillights from Amazon. The running lights doesn’t work when you turn on the engine. It only works with the engine turned off.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://www.alfaobd.com/ Download it for PC or go to the android ap site and load it on the android device. Pay for it right thru the ap.

You'll also need a bidirectional OBDII device, such as a OBDLink MX+, available at many places. Use Google.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From my understanding the 2015's were the most sensitive to any electrical changes. Also, make sure your LED replacements are canbus error free, that could be the problem.