No tail lights or turn signal lights. Brake light works.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
1988 Dodge D100 truck 1/2 ton
Engine
Removed rear tail light harness from engine bay eight blade connector to tail lights. Resoldered weak connections I could find and tested continuity and 9 VDC tested on all wire circuits then covered wiring with plastic loomReinstalled harness along truck frame. Still no tail lights "on" when light knob switched to" Park" so In odered new head-light switch. Installed it Still no rear only tail lights in "Park"

I am also have trouble getting the light switch knob /shaft (triangle shaped cross-section ) to click inside oldv light switch in place. I know about release button to remove shaft. Do I need to depress again to install ? Guess I'll practice on new switch

Wire brushed light switche's old blade contacts on old switch and applied dieelectric grease to them too.

What do I do next, should I unplug light switch and do continuity checks to the eight blade connector on the other side of fire wall ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45