No underhood light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
THAT plug for light is no longer there on the 2019 DT's, at least on MY Bighorn, there is no harness/tab to plug in.
After reading this, I went and double checked our 2021 Warlock, There is no underhood light Or even a cut out of where one would be. I thought there was 1.
I knew my power wagon Didn't have them.
The warlock just has the bed lights. My mistake.
Looks like the Warlock will be getting aftermarket lights, just like the Power Wagon. I always carry those Magnetic Snap On 90゚ lights in the glove Box in both trucks and all my Jeeps.
Yet I've found after years of sitting in the glovebox in 30 C below and 30 C above, the batteries are usually dead when you need them. Something Hard wired would be nice.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm a bit of an electrical geek, so in one sense it's nice that I can come up with a lighting package that will suit me. But I'm still stunned that Ram cheaped out on this.
Mine doesn't have the lights nor can I find anywhere they are even offered from Ram. Cheap ******** probably saved 3.00 per unit.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Under hood Lights were not bright enough to work under, you may be able to tell when you had a blown hose by looking at the underside of the hood, but that was about it.

If you wanted to check your dipsticks, you could find them if they were on the passenger side, but you would have to hold the dipstick in front of the headlight to read it

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
After adding the under hood light to my 2017 Ram, I put a cree 3 led twisted loop festoon bulb in it. They were hard to find so I bought 4 of the bulbs. It is now bright enough to check oil and do work on the right side of the engine. They last a long time, so I did not need the extra bulbs.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Carry a good LED flashlight, head band and LED hanging light in the truck. Works EVERYWHERE you need light. I can't recall the last time I lifted the hood of a truck after dark but I have had to crawl around under a few after dark. Also handy for after dark winching.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
The factory hood lights are pretty useless anyway so I'd just go aftermarket like suggested. Then there is the fact that a lot of people these days don't even know how to check their own oil so I am sure the OEM's don't see the need for a light under the hood any more...

Useless you say? The hood light on my old 91 CTD had a use.....to kill my battery when the switch failed and the light stayed on all weekend. LOL Since then I don't have much need for one.