Non dampened pinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey everyone, I've got an 04 2500, 5.9 cummins. I recently had some humming from the rear diff (11.5 aam 3:73). After some research and messing around I came to the conclusion that my pinion bearing is on its way out. Before I fork out for a rebuild I thought I'd look for an axle to swap in. I found one from an 07. Apparently it has a "non dampened pinion" can anyone shed some light on what that means and if it would work in my 04??? Also, is anyone aware of differences in the ABS speed sensor connectors between those years and will I have issues there? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
With the non damping pinion you are going to feel all the vibrations, it will work, the dampers are just to help with vibrations and you don't need it .... if I remember correctly they help if you can't get a good alignment or your alignment is being affected by the vibrations ...