Nose Up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a stance that has the back end slightly lower than the front...either you know or you don't :^)

For those that know; how many inches should I drop the back of a 17" Black Express such that it gives that rather slight interpretation of acceleration...without actually accelerating?

Or you've got a bit of a load in back...but you can perplex other drivers and your spritely rate of acceleration.

Three inches, or four? or...

Does anyone offer a higher rate spring that's 4" shorter?

I can easily cut / shape the OEM springs or buy an aftermarket set of rears. I'm easy either way...

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on the truck.
Measure from the ground to the center of the bottom of the fender wheelwell lip in the front and then in the rear. ( Ground up past the center of the wheel to the fender)

Subtract the front from the rear measurement and that gives you the rake - then decide how much of a nose up look you want and adjust the rear accordingly.
Some are 36" front, 39" rear for a 3" difference - a 4" drop in the rear would probably give what you want but not all trucks measure the same. Mine is 37+" front and 38 3/4" rear.

Expect a mpg loss doing this esp. at highway speed.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's a stance that has the back end slightly lower than the front...either you know or you don't :^)

For those that know; how many inches should I drop the back of a 17" Black Express such that it gives that rather slight interpretation of acceleration...without actually accelerating?

Or you've got a bit of a load in back...but you can perplex other drivers and your spritely rate of acceleration.

Three inches, or four? or...

I can easily cut / shape the OEM springs, or I can buy a set of rears. I'm easy either way...

Pull the motor out of the Magnum and drop it in the truck,that should give you the nose up attitude when you stomp the skinny pedal,lol
Rick

OP
OP
H

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pull the motor out of the Magnum and drop it in the truck,that should give you the nose up attitude when you stomp the skinny pedal,lol
Rick

<grin> Interesting idea, I don't think the loss of 100lb from an aluminum block would be enough :^)

On a slightly different note; I can't stop thinking about finding a wrecked Hellcat and doing a transplant...

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
To me the cali lean gives the impression of an over loaded box, but to each their own. Would take a 4"drop in the rear I'd say since levels are usually 2.5 front lift and you want it noticable.