Not feeling the love for my 2016 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
So just got back from driving my Ram. Threw a CEL.
Now I have the fuel tank sending unit to add to the list of things to fix.

2016 Longhorn with 74 K miles. Things to fix:
- Replace fuel tank sending unit. Have reset the CEL and Code for the last time.
- Replace OEM backup camera. Intermittent operation and water affects it.
- Replace transmission pan and Redline D6 with PPE Pan and Valvoline Maxlife. Trans does not like D6. Started slipping from 2-3 shift and hard downshifts recently. Changed it 8K miles ago to D6.
- Repair broken manifold bots and exhaust manifold on passenger side. Just started noticing exhaust leak when I started it up in the past week. Quiets after 30 seconds. But getting louder. Time to fix.
- Pull driveshaft and grease splines to (potentially) stop the clunk when accelerating/decelerating in heavy traffic.

Every time I turn around it’s another thing to add to this growing list. Some poor slob at QT who had just bought a 2021 Ram had the unfortunate turn of asking me how my experience has been owning a Ram. He may have buyers remorse now. I’m gonna fix all this stuff and pay it off. If the truck keeps breaking I’ll wait until the Covid insanity is behind us and get a Ford or Toyota. Not feeling the love right now for this thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man.. that is unfortunate. Haven't had any trouble with mine so far but only about half the miles. Sometimes you just end up with a bad one :(

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AS far as the manifold bolts they all do it fords gmc's Toyotas ect you shouldnt have trans issues this early on tho i have 210k on my orig trans.

Last edited:
Reactions: U&A

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500