Not happy! 2 weeks old.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This should never be the case after just two weeks. Walked out of city hall after registration and the truck wouldn't start. Just sits there and turns over until it stops. Never actually starts.

20201202_122412.jpg

20201202_123530.jpg

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Man, if the TIPM in your truck is bad already thats crazy.

I only say this because when my truck just cranked, and cranked. I thought it was the fuel pump. But in fact it was the TIPM

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice looking truck. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it already. Without trying to sound callous, that's the reason for the warranty. To work out the bugs. Most of us never need to use it, but it's there for this type of infant mortality that makes it past final inspection. Hopefully your dealer is able to get you back up and running quickly. Let us know how it turns out.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Am sorry to see this as it’s a great looking Ram and nobody likes to have a problem two weeks into ownership. One thing I know is these trucks are mechanical and technological wonders, and one simple thing can cause them to not start.

I know it stinks when it happens to you (have had my turn in the same situation and it is no fun) but am certain they will correct the problem. Hang in there as it can hopefully only get better from here.

Will be interested to learn what they find.

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, if the TIPM in your truck is bad already thats crazy.

I only say this because when my truck just cranked, and cranked. I thought it was the fuel pump. But in fact it was the TIPM
Thanks, I really hope it's not that but I bet it is. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am sorry to see this as it’s a great looking Ram and nobody likes to have a problem two weeks into ownership. One thing I know is these trucks are mechanical and technological wonders, and one simple thing can cause them to not start.

I know it stinks when it happens to you (have had my turn in the same situation and it is no fun) but am certain they will correct the problem. Hang in there as it can hopefully only get better from here.

Will be interested to learn what they find.
Thanks, I think they'll get it figured out soon. I just want the truck to run normal so if that happens in fine with the length of repair.. Within reason of course.

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it already. Without trying to sound callous, that's the reason for the warranty. To work out the bugs. Most of us never need to use it, but it's there for this type of infant mortality that makes it past final inspection. Hopefully your dealer is able to get you back up and running quickly. Let us know how it turns out.
Thanks, to I don't see that as callous, but this is basically the 3rd year of this generation so hopefully they're aren't too many bugs left.

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Man... I know the feeling. My very first brand new vehicle I ever purchased was a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I was so proud to drive it off the lot... but in just 3 days, the check engine light was on - and after two trips to the dealer - and them just running code (transmission fault code), resetting and sending me on my way - When the service manager told me I was totally unreasonable to expect a brand new vehicle to not have issues...I had a chat with the OWNER of the dealership (it was still locally-owned at the time). The service manager was fired, and two weeks later, they brought my truck to me with a brand new transmission in it

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Humans aren’t perfect and neither are our creations. Obviously it was fine at delivery, so whatever component failed would have passed inspection. What I value most when the inevitable happens is how good is their customer service. Hopefully you’ll be back soon with a positive outcome and not a long downtime.

OP
OP
randallwoodward

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man... I know the feeling. My very first brand new vehicle I ever purchased was a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I was so proud to drive it off the lot... but in just 3 days, the check engine light was on - and after two trips to the dealer - and them just running code (transmission fault code), resetting and sending me on my way - When the service manager told me I was totally unreasonable to expect a brand new vehicle to not have issues...I had a chat with the OWNER of the dealership (it was still locally-owned at the time). The service manager was fired, and two weeks later, they brought my truck to me with a brand new transmission in it
Holy cow! That's terrible. I'm glad that guy was fired.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
sorry of the troubles

I was chapped when I had hemi tick at 3500 mile mark, spoiled the great feeling I had for the truck. In ten years the only other thing to go wrong was some minor AC part warranty fixed, and an oil change killed that tick. All in all, i love the truck, i hope you get that feeling back. let us know what it was anyhow.

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks, to I don't see that as callous, but this is basically the 3rd year of this generation so hopefully they're aren't too many bugs left.
I agree with you, those types of bugs should have already been flushed out. I am dealing with 12" infotainment issues in my 2019 and am about to file a lemon law suit since they can't seem to fix it.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
This should never be the case after just two weeks. Walked out of city hall after registration and the truck wouldn't start. Just sits there and turns over until it stops. Never actually starts.

Usually after walking out of the town/city hall and paying the reg. fees, I'm the one that stops working...it's damn expensive in NH.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I'm sure they'll get you back in the Ram asap. That's a great looking truck!

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stuff happens. I know it sux when it happens to you but my buddy is 40 year tech at a large dealership and he said brand new rigs have glitches. said it does not matte if long running model or new model or basic model or top of the line model. I have been lucky knock on wood never had an issue but know it can happen.