Not sure if I really need a lift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flounce

Reaction score
Ram Year
not yet
Engine
not yet
Hi, I'm new to trucks and just bought my 2019 Ram Bighorn CrewCab Silver 5'7 bed that is 2WD.

SOME CONTEXT:

It is for city driving and big-family carrying, no hauling or towing in the foreseeable future. I'm thinking of a level/lift and new wheels/tires just to make it look nicer.

I have the Mopar extended warranty and don't want to do anything that would tempt a Ram service department to deny coverage of any suspension issue, I know they have to prove it but I'm not interested in a fight with them down the line.

And I don't want to compromise the ride too much.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. To get nice looking wheels e.g. Fuel or XD plus some bigger tires, how big can I go with the stock suspension? What would you recommend in terms of wheel size and good looking tire for city driving?

Anyone have a link for what that looks like? I'm hoping that just a tire/wheel upgrade alone might do the trick for me....

2. IF the car needs to go up a bit for good looking tire/wheel, is leveling the car going to cause premature wear/damage? Will it mess with warranty on suspension? I read an article saying that a level alone saves money but is not good for the car, i.e. that you should lift it if you can afford it.

3. If I need to lift, is Mopar 2" lift installed by dealer the best way to go? I'm thinking about the warranty here...

4. How does Mopar 2" lift (without level) affect the gas mileage? Affect the ride?

thanks!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can only speak on what I have which is a Mopar 2” lift paired with oem tires. My ride has not changed and just like yourself I don’t plan on hauling nor towing. My mileage which isn’t great to begin with lol has not been affected and the ride still feels the same. I’m trying to decide if I want to go with 18x9” wheels paired with 35x12.50 tires as an early birthday gift to myself.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh and this is how mine looked before I added a set of Rebel wheels to the equation.64210926b7cfa60396d57e728037bd3b.jpgd7841bbb68297ca446424438e3aeab76.jpg