Not sure what gears to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2011 5.7 4x4 single cab long bed ram with a 6 inch lift and going to buy 26x16 wheels and planning to do performance like adding a super charger down the road and wanting to change gears not shure what gears to use 4.10 or 4.56 I do not plan to use it for off road. street use only. I want to be able to burn them tires without super charger for now. Is it possible to be going fast n lifted without have any problems?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4.56 w/o the supercharger and maybe 3.55 or 3.92's with the supercharger. I'd also look into a different TC. You realize you don't have the best trans for a lot of thrashing.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have 2011 5.7 4x4 single cab long bed ram with a 6 inch lift and going to buy 26x16 wheels and planning to do performance like adding a super charger down the road and wanting to change gears not shure what gears to use 4.10 or 4.56 I do not plan to use it for off road. street use only. I want to be able to burn them tires without super charger for now. Is it possible to be going fast n lifted without have any problems?

Nitrous

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait did you say a 26x16” rim? And intend to burn the tires off? I can’t wait to see that happen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onemc4you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Save your money for the bigger 6.2 dodge motor. Really? 2011 motor old as sh&$. That blower would be great for throwing a piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no experience with forced induction on the 5.7 Hemi. All i "know" is what I read. I used to pick a "Mopar" type magazine at Walmart, several years ago. I haven't seen that magazine for a while, but they were interesting. So, anyway, they (in the magazine) said: If you plan on doing Forced Induction on the 5.7 Hemi, it's best to do it after the engine has a bunch of miles on it, and has loosened up. The reason being is that the top ring gap is very minimal, and that with the added heat and stress of FI, the ring expands, sticks to the cylinder wall, and breaks the top land of the piston. That's just what I've read. Makes sense, tho.

Giant wheels, and tires with big HP? What could possibly wrong with "Lifted, and Fast"? I don't care what anyone else has, or does. Whatever makes you happy is ok with me.

Sounds like a lot of out lay, for very little return.