Not sure what to do with this thing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fullboardmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2016 Limited with 114,000 on it. I've owned it since 75k. Bone stock besides the vararam intake and magnaflow muffler. I am pretty meticulous when it comes to maintenance. Been running mobil one since I purchased the truck. Definitely don't beat on it constantly. I like the truck, but it's been more problematic than I expected. Snapped an axle, wheel bearing basically just randomly blew apart one day, fuel pump module went bad, water pump failed, and now the manifold bolts broke. Is this all pretty normal? My Tahoe had 200k when I traded it in and never gave me a single issue. Thinking about doing some headers when I fix the manifold leak. But I don't want to reward this thing for bad behavior. Lol. Did I shake the bugs out or is it going to get worse? Tell me what you think. Thanks in advance.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't had any of those things on my '15 (owned since new) except I did break a CV axle. While I'm not thrilled about that it did happen while I was absolutely stuck and working it pretty good to try to get unstuck.. I'll wear the blame for that one.

Can't predict the future on yours.. but I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble.

Last edited:

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Manifold bolts are pretty common. Passenger side bolts on my 2017 broke @ 54K miles. The water pump itself failed or just started leaking? Wheel bearings and axles are (longer) wear items, so at 100k miles, I dont think it's that odd. It's your truck and your money, but if you're otherwise happy with it, I'd keep it. Nothing you mentioned would turn me off from keeping mine :)