Nothing but short trips in 6.7 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NorthwestGuy

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I stumbled across this a couple of days ago. Worth a look.

Thats a great video. However even while understanding how everything works I still don't understand why the regeneration process doesn't do what it is designed to do reliably. The way I understand it I have to drive the truck a certain way while the re-gen process takes place but there is nothing to let me know when it is doing that, or when it needs to do that. Not to mention there is nothing to tell me if my exhaust gas temp is getting high enough. This all indicates that this is designed to work all on its own without me even thinking about it. Am I missing something?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thats a great video. However even while understanding how everything works I still don't understand why the regeneration process doesn't do what it is designed to do reliably. The way I understand it I have to drive the truck a certain way while the re-gen process takes place but there is nothing to let me know when it is doing that, or when it needs to do that. Not to mention there is nothing to tell me if my exhaust gas temp is getting high enough. This all indicates that this is designed to work all on its own without me even thinking about it. Am I missing something?

There's how it's supposed to work and how it actually works. Lets not forget the how they think it should work too.