Now what happened??!!!

imwaahoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey there,
Anyone available to enlighten me on how to proceed with this issue?
Just got off the highway from a 300 mi trip. Everything was fine. Next morning I get in the truck (2016 Ram 1500 Limited Crew cab 5.7L) and try to do a three point turn to get out of the driveway and discover the wheels will make a complete turn to the right and will align straight but will only turn to the left about an 8th of a steering wheel rotation to the left. I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet but was hoping someone had some incite on this issue from experience and would have a concrete answer as to what's going on with it.
Thanks ahead of time for your inputs!
Dan

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Electronic steering wheel issue. What, hmmm, I am not a mechanic, so there I have no input, unless somehow U have something jammed up in the steering preventing it from turning??? Something wrong/out with the rack, IMHO...

imwaahoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Electronic steering wheel issue. What, hmmm, I am not a mechanic, so there I have no input, unless somehow U have something jammed up in the steering preventing it from turning??? Something wrong/out with the rack, IMHO...
I think you may be correct sir. Hopefully a wire connection or something not as costly as a new Elect. R&P. Just not getting why it goes right fully but not left at all.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pop hood ,locate thre steering shaft there is a u-joint on it ,spay the heck out of it with penetrating oil . This is a common occurrence, I give it a 75% chance maybe higher , if it doesn’t work it’s probably the rack n pinion. Let us know how it turns out.

imwaahoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pop hood ,locate thre steering shaft there is a u-joint on it ,spay the heck out of it with penetrating oil . This is a common occurrence, I give it a 75% chance maybe higher , if it doesn’t work it’s probably the rack n pinion. Let us know how it turns out.

imwaahoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So is it the u joint where the steering wheel shaft connects to the rack and pinion?
You must be registered for see images attach

imwaahoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, sorry for the delay. Picked up a can of PB blaster today after work.
Poped the hood checked out the u joint. Sure as sh.. it was coroded a bunch. I sprayed it down hit it with a hammer and now waiting for the wife to bring the key fob home so I can check it. I'll follow up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, sorry for the delay. Picked up a can of PB blaster today after work.
Poped the hood checked out the u joint. Sure as sh.. it was coroded a bunch. I sprayed it down hit it with a hammer and now waiting for the wife to bring the key fob home so I can check it. I'll follow up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Gonna make me go out and pop the hood and look just to see what U R talking about, LOL... I got a MY 19, bought in Aug 2018, it best be good to go, lol.