OBD-2 SCANNER. for 03 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
anybody use a scanner? my neighbor has 1, its from Edge, he has it mounted on his dash, it cost him $400. give me some input from ya'll. considering getting 1. i have 203,000 miles. still runs great, monthly maintained. thanks

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the Edge is a tuner/programmer. I use a Diablo Sport I3 with 93 octane tune and love it. There are quite a few out there. I'm not sure if the Edge stores custom tunes. The Diablo Sport will store 5.

I'm going to correct myself. The discussion got me to looking at the Edge page and I now realize the also have digital monitors, which is probably what your neighbor has. I've never used one of those. I do have the AlfaOBD which does some of the same things using a cell phone or table for the display. I find it too distracting to look at while driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Connie Mack

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
thanks, the Diablo sport is proud of there product. Even the Edge is proud also. A dash mount is what my neighbor has an its in the drivers left side of the dash. nice stuff.

Princeton_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks, the Diablo sport is proud of there product. Even the Edge is proud also. A dash mount is what my neighbor has an its in the drivers left side of the dash. nice stuff.

This Diablo is the first I've owned or have any experience with. I did research them a little before choosing one. I believe most of the tuners I looked at start out in the $350 range and some of the higher end models going above a grand. The AlfaOBD is a very useful scanner. The app allows you to make quite a few adjustments and configuration changes, and provides a monitor screen similar to the $400 monitors. I believe that before I'd drop 4 bills on a device that just monitors and scans codes, I'd look into using the AlphaOBD with an old Apple or Android phone mounted on the dash.