OBD or Dealer for electric brake upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westex Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed electrical brake module and switch kit on 2020 Warlock Classic pickup . Instructions say take it to dealer and get activated and I see some for sale that had OBD Genie with kit do you could activate it yourself . Should I get OBD or just go to dealer 60 miles away ?

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
you can buy the app and the ODBII connection piece and do it your self. then you can have the reader for later on if and when you get a CHK ENG light.

its also good if you want to add other items... remote start, power windows etc... Save me a ton on my 1500 upgrades.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You'll also need a security bypass module or harness. If you plan to do other mods it makes sense to go with Alfa, it this is your only mod then have the dealer do it, it'll be cheaper.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
You did the hard part already, that bracket is a pain. Might as well flash it yourself

OP
OP
W

Westex Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got kit off ebay from Ram dealer . I drilled out top two holes on mounting bracket and used plastic push in clips ! And screwed bottom mount bracket on ! Not going to try putting top two mounting screws in . Pain in the *** ! I put double sided tape on bracket also , probably did not need it but did it anyway .