Obd port not reading!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 dually with the 6.7 Cummins truck won’t crank or start will crank if jumping relay I tried to connect scanner to port and it says it can not communicate with the ecm/pcm would low battery voltage cause this to happen my batteries are alittle older I was going to Replace them but they were still working when truck was running I had a friend of mine install a tuner on it and that’s what happened after the tune the port would no longer read the voltage on the batteries were around 11.4 I know 12.6 is charged but I’m not sure if it would affect the computer not communicating or not or if some how the computer got friend if anyone could give me some ideas that would be great

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it isn't communicating to the PCM that suggests the PCM has failed. Without communication to the rest of the system from the PCM the truck won't run.

What sort of tuner did your friend put on the truck? Is it still plugged into the truck?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it isn't communicating to the PCM that suggests the PCM has failed. Without communication to the rest of the system from the PCM the truck won't run.

What sort of tuner did your friend put on the truck? Is it still plugged into the truck?
Something not done right

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No the tuner no longer turns on either I had it returned back it was an H&S mini maxx tuner that I had put on the truck and he was uploading the tune went through and then tuner went black and truck would no longer start when I turn the key to start the truck everything flashes and I get this clicking noise coming from the fuse box and I can’t find out where it’s coming from

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the tuner didn't finish the tune load and went dead I'm almost certain the PCM got scrambled.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would that cause the data link not to read anything ? And make the fuse box start clicking

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is from an old post via google search:

H&S Fried Computer
03-27-2012
"There are literally hundreds of variables that come into play here. From our experience in trying to tech these issues, we have found the fastest way to get a customer back on the road is to send the computer and all H&S Product directly to us. This way we can remove all outside influence to variables from the equation and get down to business. I do not know your specific case but some of the reasons this may have happened:

1. Dead battery during the download
2. Kicked, bumped, dropped programmer that causes communication interruption
3. Other aftermarket device on the truck causing interruption
4. Lightning struck truck (yes this has happened) and killed the computer
5. Faulty communications cable shorted out during the download
6. Incorrect wiring / incomplete installation causing interruption
7. Factory flaw in the ECM itself, causing a memory/hardware failure

Regardless of how the program failed, we will get it fixed and back to you in a timely manner. Thanks for your patience in the matter.

H&S Performance"

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Would that cause the data link not to read anything ? And make the fuse box start clicking

Yes, at least as far as the first condition. If you don't have an operable computer there is nothing for any sort of tool to access for data.

Not sure about the fuse box click. I've heard it before but under different circumstances. One thought...there are relays in the power center (fusebox) and if they are malfunctioning they click. I'd open up that box and try to determine which one is clicking and replace it. It's a stretch that it would change things but it might.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well since H&S is no longer around what’s my next option ? Can you get a fried computer repaired or do I need to order a new one ?

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I get a fried computer reprogrammed or do u need to just get a whole new one ?

Cummins kid011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
My 2011 ram 2500 is doing the same thing. And I have the H&M’s mini max in my truck. Can the dealer reset the ecm or where can I send my tuner to be fixed?

Cummins kid011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
What it I can get the tuner to work And put it back to stock do you think it will start then and then I can buy a different tuner

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’ll probably need to send in the ECU to get reflashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk