Obtained a PIN with no problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Just wanted to let people know that I got a PIN from the dealer today with no problems at all. I bought the truck last year at the end of August and this was the first time I had gone back to the dealership. Had to take it in for a recall and while I was there I went in to the parts dept and asked for it. All they wanted was to see the registration and a driver's license and they printed out the number on a piece of paper and gave it to me. Didn't even ask why I wanted it. It was Larry H Miller Ram in Tucson in case anybody is interested. Took all of three or four minutes.

I must admit that after reading about so many people getting a hard time from the various dealers, I expected a problem too. But like I said, there was no problem at all.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got my pin with no probs either about a year ago.
Told my service writer I needed it, he called parts countet, they printed it and gave it to me after showing lisc. and my info of ownership

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Not getting a PIN violates anti monopoly laws, if someone gets denied a PIN I suggest they sue that dealers ass in small claims for the max.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not getting a PIN violates anti monopoly laws, if someone gets denied a PIN I suggest they sue that dealers ass in small claims for the max.
That would be a quick loss- ankEw3c.jpg

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
they have a paid app now to pull the pin if your local dealers try to give you ****, its in the huge alfaobd thread top sticky, alot of features ppl wanted/started via alfaobd still needed pin to activate it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That would be a quick loss- ankEw3c.jpg

Cool, if you read the last line that kinda of proves they have to provide the PIN, probably because those ******** know it is a slam dunk antitrust case against them if they don't. They just need proof it is you but the have to provide it, if they don't you can scorch their ass in court. Good find.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cool, if you read the last line that kinda of proves they have to provide the PIN, probably because those ******** know it is a slam dunk antitrust case against them if they don't. They just need proof it is you but the have to provide it, if they don't you can scorch their ass in court. Good find.
Nowhere in that document does FCA tell the dealer that they MUST provide the PIN when asked for it. Those are just the guidelines for the dealer for if they decide to give out, or use the PIN. They can decide to charge however much they want for it, or they can decide to not provide it at all. Contrary to popular belief, you do not own that PIN. It’s no different than if you own a truck with the RA3 8.4 radio without NAV- yes, it’s your radio, and you can take it out of your truck and smash it with a sledgehammer if you want to. But if you want the unlock code to access the navigation that lives inside it, you have to pay for it, because that information doesn’t belong to you.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only issue I had was trying to get the pin over the phone. Tried 3 different dealers and they all said it had to be done in person with DL and prof of ownership. Didn’t have to pay anything and they wrote it on piece of paper as well. This was last year.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It isn't up to you or me to decide this, it is up to a judge unless someone wants to do as the dealer tells them too like a good boy. Who knew, you bought a truck but you don't own it and you can't use whoever you want to work on it. I would bet a judge would want to referee that. Opinions are like ASSHOLES everyone has one. It is no sweat to take it to a judge. This violates magnusum moss and general anti trust laws. For any entity to to force you to use their product, they MUST provide it for free, it is in magnusum, look it up.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It isn't up to you or me to decide this, it is up to a judge unless someone wants to do as the dealer tells them too like a good boy. Who knew, you bought a truck but you don't own it and you can't use whoever you want to work on it. I would bet a judge would want to referee that. Opinions are like ASSHOLES everyone has one. It is no sweat to take it to a judge. This violates magnusum moss and general anti trust laws. For any entity to to force you to use their product, they MUST provide it for free, it is in magnusum, look it up.
Intellectual property and proprietary information have nothing to do with antitrust or magmoss. Ask John Deere owners how that worked out for them.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You seem to be stuck on a side, I gave up a position a long time ago, if someone says look you idiot you eat this crap sandwich and like it, get a second opinion, you go ask that judge, your honor, do I really need to eat this crap sandwich and like it? Cost of small claims court are minimal, and in most states the $ can be substancial, like here is well past 10 grand.

teammontana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer in Montana first told me it was $25, then $20, then that it was only good for 4 hours. Want to change my TPMS from 80 psi for safety and tire wear. I understood that the 4 digit pin was not time sensitive. Also, on the Alpha obd+, is that only good for the first vehicle you assign it to, or can you transfer it? Thanks

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For $14.00 I 'd rather take the same amount of time it takes to drive to the dealer and pull the pin myself which I did . I will reserve throwing guide lines at the dealer for a bigger reason .

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used the Pin puller app for mine. I ended up buying a new key fob and having them program it. When I mentioned that I had the pin and was going to do one on my own the Service Writer also told me it changes every day.

teammontana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone actually know if the pin changes daily? Seems like if you can pull it from the vehicle it can't be changed. So far I have bought tokens and tried to get the pin from the Pin Puller ap but so far no luck. Says the ECU isn't responding. No reply from the ap support for the third day now. No cell or internet here[have internet in the house but not in the parking lot] so have to drive 10 miles to town to try it. Went ahead and ordered the OBDlink to change the tpms so hopefully it will work out.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I can say it does not change daily. I used the pin puller app 6 months ago to pull my pin and like a dork I forgot exactly what the pin was and last week when I needed it again, I threw another $15 at the pin pull app and it retrieved my pin and when I saw it I thought "oh I was so close." But it was the same number, almost the same last four as one of my phone's,
My tpms is jacked, and yesterday I reset my hub using the same pin, my hub reset no problem.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone actually know if the pin changes daily? Seems like if you can pull it from the vehicle it can't be changed. So far I have bought tokens and tried to get the pin from the Pin Puller ap but so far no luck. Says the ECU isn't responding. No reply from the ap support for the third day now. No cell or internet here[have internet in the house but not in the parking lot] so have to drive 10 miles to town to try it. Went ahead and ordered the OBDlink to change the tpms so hopefully it will work out.
The actual 4 digit pin for the TPMS and RF hub to program keys does not change. It stays with the truck. There is also a rolling alpha numeric code that does change but this is not the one you use. There is also a 4 digit radio unlock code but it stays with the radio and would be used if the radio was installed in a other truck. This code is not related to the actual truck the radio comes in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As said the 4 digit pin don't change. I used the Chrysler pin puller app to get mine over a month before I bought the AlfaOBD . It was probably another few weeks before I used the AlfaOBD . My understanding is the pin that don't last is what they give locksmiths who need to do something right away and won't have access to your truck forever . True or false don't really matter as I have yet to hear of anyone of us here that needs anything other than the regular 4 digit pin.

teammontana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the OBDlink+ and the Pin Puller ap still says ECU not responsive. So have tried 2 different OBD II units and the Chrysler Pin Puller ap won't work. So far sent 3 emails through the ap and no response from the developer. Went ahead and paid for tokens even though my truck should have worked without them, still no luck.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Out of Curiosity , Why should your truck work without buying the 14 ( I think it was ) tokens that the rest of us had to buy to get the Chrysler pin puller to get the pin ?