Odd things with gauge display/U connect on 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68Malibu383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up a 2019 Classic Lone Star with 28K miles. I've noticed some strange things with the displays and wondered if others have had similar issues and if it may mean/lead to a bigger problem.

1. voltage gauge displays notably to the right of the middle (almost to the line between middle and high) Is that normal?

2. the dash display will occasionally switch modes by itself after shutting truck off, then turning back on. This has happened about a dozen times in 6 weeks. For example, if display is showing gas mileage, it may switch to trip A or speedo, or whatever. You'd think it might be me accidentally hitting a steering wheel button but I had a 2015 with same steering wheel for 5.5 years and 125K miles and I never, never, never had that happen.

3. same thing will happen to the uconnect/radio display.

4. when adjusting climate control temperature with driver's side button, sometimes the passenger side temperature will adjust at the same time but most of the time it will not. I don't think this is normal.

5. my neighbor has a 2015 Laramie and he said if he leaves his driver's side door open for several hours, only after several hours, he will hear something "running" under the dash. I tried this once and did not hear anything after several hours, so I left it open for a total of about 10 hours and the clock reset to 12:00 by itself.

Should I take this to dealer and if so, how do I get them to do something when with intermittent problems, they always say "can't duplicate" and send me home?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What was the purpose of leaving your door open for ten hours, trying to get a dead battery? You have possibly succeeded, a battery on the way out can cause various electronic anomaly’s.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Chances are by leaving the door open so long it's possible the battery saver kicked in which is why the clock reset itself. If the GPS time sync is set it will correct itself.

If your buddies Laramie had air suspension, that probably what he heard running..bigger question did he catch it? :-D

OP
OP

68Malibu383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What was the purpose of leaving your door open for ten hours, trying to get a dead battery? You have possibly succeeded, a battery on the way out can cause various electronic anomaly’s.

1,2,3 were happening before I left the door open. After so many minutes, everything shuts off (lights...), so battery drain should not occur.

Crash68, buddies truck does not have air suspension. About the only option it does not have.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
1,2,3 were happening before I left the door open. After so many minutes, everything shuts off (lights...), so battery drain should not occur.

Crash68, buddies truck does not have air suspension. About the only option it does not have.
I know the sound. Ask him if it sounds like this...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk