Odometer correction not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! I have a 2020 1500 Classic, am using AlfaOBD on Windows (v 2.2.8 ) with the OBDLink MX. I can’t update the firmware on the MX because I have an iPhone, so that might solve my issues, but I’ve seen people saying they did and were still having the same issue I have. I also got the bypass harness from Kaodtech and noticed that my CAN module has multiple connections available for it, not only one as the installation instructions said. I just plugged it to the first connection to the left of each CAN module and it seems to be working fine as I was able to adjust my engine hours after upgrading to the 7” EVIC, select my preferred DRL after upgrading from quads to projectors and set my licence plate lights to LED and the error message for it is gone from my cluster. Now to the issue: for the life of me, I can’t change the mileage. Tried multiple times, followed all the steps, waited for the check engine light to stop blinking to hit start, waited 5 mins before turning the key back to run and nothing works although Alfa says the procedure was successful. The Continental logo pops up, the cluster reboots but the mileage doesn’t change. Tried changing from km to miles (I’m in Canada), tried selecting the 3.5” cluster instead of 7, tried entering the mileage with and without the decimal, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts? I saw some people saying they had to try multiple times to get it to work, but I’m on this for two nights in a row for about 15 attempts and nothing. I emailed the AlfaOBD support but in the meantime I wanted to check if you can help me out. TIA.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
On my 18 my phone would do the odometer but not the hours. I got the PC verison and it did the hours.

Old android phones are everywhere. Got a friend or relative that has an old one laying around to try? They don't have to be activated. Use wifi to update your MX and see if the phone will do your odometer.

Earl

OP
OP
Guga

Guga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 18 my phone would do the odometer but not the hours. I got the PC verison and it did the hours.

Old android phones are everywhere. Got a friend or relative that has an old one laying around to try? They don't have to be activated. Use wifi to update your MX and see if the phone will do your odometer.

Earl
I would love to try that, but that would force me to buy AlfaOBD again as the licence you buy is only for the platform you choose first: PC or Android. At least that’s what I heard. Your case is funny because I read some people saying they were not able to change their mileage using Android and when they tried with Windows it worked right away. Not questioning your or anything, it’s just funny how inconsistent this can be.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
If you email them, you can get the other version for half price. That's what I did. Even at full price for each version is still cheap for what you get. I'm surprised the software doesn't sell for hundreds to thousands.

Another option is send the cluster out to be programmed. Believe the going rate is 100 to 150.

Earl

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I would love to try that, but that would force me to buy AlfaOBD again as the licence you buy is only for the platform you choose first: PC or Android. At least that’s what I heard. Your case is funny because I read some people saying they were not able to change their mileage using Android and when they tried with Windows it worked right away. Not questioning your or anything, it’s just funny how inconsistent this can be.
as stated if you contact them you should be able to get the windows version, I did download the app a second time to a second device and it worked before all this fuckery started happening to everyone :(

RebeLord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I can't get my android version to work either. I emailed the app creator over a week ago and haven't heard back at all. Is that normal to wait this long to hear back?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If your vehicle has a USA address
You don't want to set your Mileage back
You would be breaking a Federal Law if your vehicle actually has 10 miles on it & you turn it back to 9 miles

This is also true if you have the Basic Instrument Cluster & you buy a Brand New 7 inch cluster with zero miles on it
You have to go to an Authorized Dealer, Speedometer Shop, or where ever they can fill out & sign a document stating why the Odometer was incorrect

The reason for that rule is a vehicle may have 200,000 miles on it & it would be worth next to nothing
If the Odometer is changed from 200,000 to read that the vehicle only has 70,000 miles on it, it is worth a lot more

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey guys! I have a 2020 1500 Classic, am using AlfaOBD on Windows (v 2.2.8 ) with the OBDLink MX. I can’t update the firmware on the MX because I have an iPhone, so that might solve my issues, but I’ve seen people saying they did and were still having the same issue I have. I also got the bypass harness from Kaodtech and noticed that my CAN module has multiple connections available for it, not only one as the installation instructions said. I just plugged it to the first connection to the left of each CAN module and it seems to be working fine as I was able to adjust my engine hours after upgrading to the 7” EVIC, select my preferred DRL after upgrading from quads to projectors and set my licence plate lights to LED and the error message for it is gone from my cluster. Now to the issue: for the life of me, I can’t change the mileage. Tried multiple times, followed all the steps, waited for the check engine light to stop blinking to hit start, waited 5 mins before turning the key back to run and nothing works although Alfa says the procedure was successful. The Continental logo pops up, the cluster reboots but the mileage doesn’t change. Tried changing from km to miles (I’m in Canada), tried selecting the 3.5” cluster instead of 7, tried entering the mileage with and without the decimal, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts? I saw some people saying they had to try multiple times to get it to work, but I’m on this for two nights in a row for about 15 attempts and nothing. I emailed the AlfaOBD support but in the meantime I wanted to check if you can help me out. TIA.
I contacted Alexey with Alfaobd I was having the same problem. My older android phone was not able to work. Alexey sent me a link for a windows version free of charge. Using it I was able to reset my mileage.

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contacted Alexey with Alfaobd I was having the same problem. My older android phone was not able to work. Alexey sent me a link for a windows version free of charge. Using it I was able to reset my mileage.
I have a 2019 and have done the same thing and can’t get it to change. Was able to change tire size for speedo correction, idle hours, drive hours, global windows down, VTA and fog light high beam dropout using android version and MX+. Got the windows version using OBDLink EX and still no change..very frustrating

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a real thing? Pretty sketchy...

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a real thing? Pretty sketchy...
Only sketchy if you have sketchy intentions. I upgraded my gauge cluster from the 3” to 7” out of the same year SLT trim. New cluster has 30 miles on it mine has over 26,000.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only sketchy if you have sketchy intentions. I upgraded my gauge cluster from the 3” to 7” out of the same year SLT trim. New cluster has 30 miles on it mine has over 26,000.
Sketchy any time you're going to buy a used truck. Not saying your intentions are sketchy.