OEEM Brake Controller - 2017 Ram 1500 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport and I am about to purchase and install the OEM Brake Control switch into the dash. I have a couple of questions please;

1. Do I need to purchase the module as well? And if so, are the connectors already in the wiring loom?
2. Will the OEM plug in the rear step already be wired up for the brake control?
3. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the rear plug as I am in Australia and our plugs are completely different but are wired into the existing trailer plug loom. (Yes I know. Steering wheel is on the wrong side too).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Love the Ram and will only upgrade to another (TRX probably) in the future. TRX's are around $258K after the RHD conversion.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
1. Do I need to purchase the module as well? And if so, are the connectors already in the wiring loom?
2. Will the OEM plug in the rear step already be wired up for the brake control?
3. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the rear plug as I am in Australia and our plugs are completely different but are wired into the existing trailer plug loom.
There is a module and the slider for the dash needed for the OEM brake controller. The OEM kit to add the trailer brake controller for your '17 is: 82215040AC
There is two plugs that go into the module, one of which is the wiring that goes to the rear plug. Those two plugs are typically found to the right side of the steering wheel, but on a RHD conversation??? Your looking for a 4 pin and 10 pin plugs, they're sometimes wrapped in foam tape. The slider part in the dash has a different plug that should be right by location in the center console.

If the rear plug is still the 7 pin from the states, what the pins are are on the molded on the cover.

OP
OP
Skeletor

Skeletor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. Am going to fish around in the next few days. Wiring should be there - somewhere.......... Then I just need to activate it with the Alpha OBD scanner don't I? At the same time, I might see if I can install the SRT steering wheel. I miss my paddle shifts.