OEM Aux Button 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll start off by saying I've explored as many threads as I can find on here and across Google. Many of the threads have been relating to earlier or entirely different models with varying results .I cannot seem to find a definitive answer anywhere so I will ask publicly now.

I am interested in adding the OEM Aux buttons switches to my 2015 1500. I have seen some people say it does or does not work. These topics never seem to be for my truck. I don't think there is much of a difference in this area but I want to double check.

Is it possible? As anyone done this on a similar truck as mine?

Is it possible to get the dealership to do this now that the discussion has been out for a while and they've had time to figure it out?

Any help you guys can provide me is extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Adding additional buttons to your existing switch panel by modifying the blank positions? Is that what you mean?

OP
OP
EVc96bKA

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. Actually swapping out the current switchboard for the one with aux buttons on it.

OP
OP
EVc96bKA

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or finding a source for switches that fit the existing panel blanks, and look like they belong.
I have yet to see anything like that in all my searches. I could be wrong but I'm not sure it's feasible based on how the current switches work.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
THere is a thread here or in another forum that walks you through turning the blanks into functional switches (soldering, trimming, etc.) I will see if I can find it and come back here.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does it include the trailer brake switch, or is it just an open panel in that spot - he has pictures of both so not sure what in included in the $275? price?

I think the trailer brake is a separate thing, You swap your controller or your blank over from your existing panel. Pretty sure that panel is actually a Mopar part. I've talked to him about that mod, and he says it comes with everything needed to do the swap.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It does come complete, I have one although I don't have trailer brake. Third time around with wiring for add ons and I'm done, this thing is great!!

justinkyleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
For anyone interested in the cherry on top of this mod... There's an android/windows app called alfaobd out. When coupled with a Bluetooth obd device (obdlink mx,) we can now enable the commercial controls for these switches in the bcm to show in the evic. Just one setting to change. Enable Aux switches csm.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Nah, never did and since sold the truck for a Power Wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk