Oem battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Rodenti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed this Energizer AGM battery from Costco Canada last spring: https://tires.costco.ca/Batteries/P...-H7-AGMAbsorbent-Glass-Mat-Automotive-Battery

Went out to start my truck on Friday after sitting a few days and the ignition just clicked. Needed a boost to get going... I put the battery on to charge overnight and all has been good since.

The truck was only started once in the past two weeks to move it for snow clearing, it was
-30°C (-22°F) overnight temperatures, and I didn't use the block heater that day. This is the second time this winter that I needed to boost the truck.

Should I have expected an AGM battery to do better?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I installed this Energizer AGM battery from Costco Canada last spring: https://tires.costco.ca/Batteries/P...-H7-AGMAbsorbent-Glass-Mat-Automotive-Battery

Went out to start my truck on Friday after sitting a few days and the ignition just clicked. Needed a boost to get going... I put the battery on to charge overnight and all has been good since.

The truck was only started once in the past two weeks to move it for snow clearing, it was
-30°C (-22°F) overnight temperatures, and I didn't use the block heater that day. This is the second time this winter that I needed to boost the truck.

Should I have expected an AGM battery to do better?
I have 6 Dekka 12v 98A.H. AGM batteries
(I bought in 2017) for an electric golf cart and let them sit for two years.
One battery was discharged from a grounded alarm system and I’m in the process of recovery now.
The other five are unchanged at 12.83v.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have 6 Dekka 12v 98A.H. AGM batteries
(I bought in 2017) for an electric golf cart and let them sit for two years.
One battery was discharged from a grounded alarm system and I’m in the process of recovery now.
The other five are unchanged at 12.83v.

Depends how much parasitic electronic gizmo drain you got going on. I've read they need to be run or charged at least once a week, even without add-on electronics.

Many guys not running their trucks regularly anymore (retired, home office workers) leave trickle chargers on them now.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ACDelco Gold 94RAGM 36 Month Warranty AGM BCI Group 94R Battery

That looks like the same exact battery as OEM (JCI-made battery as is AC Delco). The Walmart battery is the same too (also JCI). I compared my original FCA-branded battery (which had Johnson Controls Inc written on it) to the walmart JCI-made battery and they looked exactly 100% duplicate other than the color of the sticker.

I got just over 10yrs out of the original battery which was good. We live in pretty optimal battery-life of the country.