OEM camera reroute harness from Infotainment not doing it's job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone else has used this reroute harness to use on an aftermarket stereo?!
It seems I've tried everything, even calling Infotainment customer support but still have gotten no where. It just shows a black screen with guide lines when in reverse. The mirror still displays but the radio doesn't.
Now I think of myself as a fairly smart guy but I can't seem to understand this harness.harness 5.jpg
The camera is in pins 1 and 4 from the factory harness but the reroute harness has the camera to RCA wires in pins 8 & 9. They have no jumpers to other pins or anything like that so am I missing something? I see no connection to the camera from Infotainments RCA harness.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The camera definitely should not be in pins 1&4 (power & gnd resp), but should be in pins 8&9 of the i340 (mirror header connector). There was another person who supposedly has an issue with the same Infotainment harness per the dealer, but I don't always assume what is said during a service visit is correct.

8 & 9 should pass through both sides of the T-harness and have the RCA spliced on them also (8 = signal/RCA center pin, 9= Sig Rtn/RCA outer pin).

All other pins should be pin to pin if built correctly3a0f507ae82ac78dfeac998cc7cc5249.jpg5fecea1feb743d8d23de4eab29b371f6.jpg

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Chuckdl

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hmmm, I dont know why, but this is from the factory mirror side and then the cam side of the connectors. I'm guessing they wired it wrong?! So the aftermarket would be correct and I'd have to change the pins to the 8 & 9 pins?! Might be a bit difficult as the pins are larger in the 1 & 4 than the 8 & 9.20181207_171258.jpg 20181207_171230.jpg

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Don't jump the gun.

I need better pictures to know what I'm looking at and if I'm looking at the back of the original truck connectors (male/female) or the connectors on the add-on harness.

edit:
something is wrong with this picture, you don't have any factory camera video wires in pins 8, 9, & 10 that I can see in either of the last 2 pictures.

Is this a factory Backup mirror camera (build sheet/window sticker?) or a dealer added backup mirror camera kit?

Are you the original owner?

Take a look at the following directions and see if you have the add-on camera connector under the steering wheel from the kit. (There would be a cable coming through the clutch plate or the firewall rubber boot )

- PN 82213752 (RA1 Radios w/o RSP, adds Mirror as Monitor, i.e. Express)

K6861692 2013 Ram1500 ParkView Cam w Mirror Monitor noMic PN 82213752

Here are both the basic factory Backup Camera schematic and the Add-On Kit schematic for the Radio/harness as a reference from the Cptwing's Backup camera kit thread ...
2013+ Factory & OEM Add-On Kit PN 82214240 schematics.png

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chuckdl

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok, this makes more sense now.
I looked at the window sticker and no mention of a backup camera.
I bought it with 6,800 miles with the understanding it was the dealers fleet vehicle, so I assumed they had it ordered with the cam. But now looks like they did it as a dealers install instead.
Now to figure out how to run an RCA to my aftermarket h/u. Ugh.
Thanks for the help.
P.S. any idea what I should do?!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yeah. We will need to identify the camera signal wires on the add-on connector under the steering wheel and solder/splice in there with a male RCA cable to run over to your attention head unit.
The Infotainment harness probably won't do you any good in this situation.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Chuckdl

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'll have to take a look later tonight, see if I can get a couple pics of the situation under there.
I was afraid that harness wouldn't help, why should it be that easy?!
I appreciate the help here!

OP
OP
Chuckdl

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Alright, had a chance to look at it and it's definitely the add-on kit. And you are right @Mpgrimm2 the infotainment harness will not work in this setup. So now I have to figure what wires are the video wires?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Download the schematic I attached on previous post. I'm betting you will see the following on the connector under the dash

Pin A: gry/Blu : camera signal (to RCA center pin)

Pin D: gry/org: camera Rtn (to RCA outer pin)

You will want to get a 6ft RCA cable and strip the end so you have 2 leads to solder on the connector side going up to the mirror (if I have the colors/pins correct. )

cfa59ba2742053c57759bab4aea656a9.jpg

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Chuckdl

Chuckdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Between shoveling the snow from the driveway 3 times today and staying warm I did get to see those wires, gry/blu, gry/org, and the shield. So I think I'm good now with what I'll have to do.
I greatly appreciate the help and schematics!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Between shoveling the snow from the driveway 3 times today and staying warm I did get to see those wires, gry/blu, gry/org, and the shield. So I think I'm good now with what I'll have to do.
I greatly appreciate the help and schematics!
Good luck. Keep us posted.

M² Mods.