OEM engine block heater cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnonStu

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nope. It’s just a straight up 750w heating element. If it’s plugged in, it’s on.

Well that's too bad. I set it on a timer to kick on at 4:20 AM and found the oil temp to be 104 deg F at 8:20 AM and coolant temp <100 deg F. Ambient temp was 28 deg F. I guess it needs more than 4 hours to get coolant up above 100 deg F. I might need to try a little harder to get the beast into the garage!

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
comrades! i recently purchased the genos plug kit after getting zapped by my extension cord when it was wet twice. no biggie, just irritating. my question is - what is the easiest way to get to the heater connection by the oil filter? it looks like i can remove the filter and get to it, or go from up top and remove part of the airbox assembly. any input would be appreciated. the kit is nice. i didnt install the end of the cord yet, as the truck is in driveway thats a mudhole from 30 inches of snow. cheers, and thanks. 18 2500 ctd.

AnonStu

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
comrades! i recently purchased the genos plug kit after getting zapped by my extension cord when it was wet twice. no biggie, just irritating. my question is - what is the easiest way to get to the heater connection by the oil filter? it looks like i can remove the filter and get to it, or go from up top and remove part of the airbox assembly. any input would be appreciated. the kit is nice. i didnt install the end of the cord yet, as the truck is in driveway thats a mudhole from 30 inches of snow. cheers, and thanks. 18 2500 ctd.

I took the intake duct apart because I was afraid if misaligning the pins and jacks on the plug. It all came apart really easily and the pieces are all keyed so that they can’t go together wrong (as long as you get the order of the pieces correct).

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
anonstu - appreciate the reply. thanks for the info! supposed to be nice this weekend, so ill do as you suggest. cheers!

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Here is the YouTube video which helped me install the factory cord correctly.

Pause the video when he describes the location of the snap ring located next to the oil filter. He quickly mentions it connects to hose “B”. Had to watch it several times to get this fact. Other than that, a fabulous video for connecting the cable correctly.