OEM Running Board Mounting Brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dabeastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a line on some nice new Mopar running boards but the seller kept the brackets for whatever he put on his truck to replace them. Anyone have any idea where I can get some without heading to a junkyard?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have never seen the brackets sold separate from the steps. Junk yard is probably going to be your best bet but then you might as well get the steps with it at that point.

Don't forget you will also need the mounting nut inserts as well. You can get those through the dealer separate (or online) .

Unless he is giving them away you may be better off buying a complete set. May cost you just as much to piece those all together.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PM Benny with AllMoparParts.com, he'd be able to help you if anyone can...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a line on some nice new Mopar running boards but the seller kept the brackets for whatever he put on his truck to replace them. Anyone have any idea where I can get some without heading to a junkyard?

Have you bought them running boards yet? If not, I’d just buy a brand new aftermarket set if it were me, that’ll have all the necessary pieces to put them on. Even if your truck never had factory mopar running boards on it before, most kits will have little brackets for trucks that don’t have the threaded holes.

I bought a set of Laverne mega steps from realtruck.com that came with these weird looking brackets that had a bolt welded to it by the head on one end, and a nut welded to it on the other end to basically use them same octagon-shaped holes on the bottom of your rocker panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

motmcd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dabestro,

You can still get the brackets from MOPAR. My truck goes in the body shop next Monday to have damage repaired that included tearing the driver's side running board off the truck. The MOPAR OEM running board is fine but the brackets were damaged - among other things. The body shop bought the new brackets through MOPAR. Hope this helps.