OEM sport hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just jumping in here. I just bought a 2012 ST but I had a 2005 1500 Daytona and I made the "viper" hood functional even though it wasnt supposed to be. Is there a way to make your sport hood functional? just get rid of the inserts and fabricate an air box? or something? Again, I have only seen the sport hood in pictures. I havent had time to check one out in person but maybe I will. The ram air affect really helps in both power and mileage. Well, it did for me, anyhow.
Mopar sells an actual intake kit and a conversion kit to convert the passenger's side scoop into a functional vent. Google it. I saw a thread on here a long time ago with a member who did it and documented it.

Also there is a youtube video of a guy installing the conversion kit.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It says 799 as an option but when you try to buy it at the dealer it goes to 13-1500 thats what i was going to do on my express then they told that

But ive never seen a cheap one unless it was a trade for the regular hood and some cash good luck with the find

Would the dealer take in my regular hood? How much is a good estimate to expect i'm going tommorow and if they give me a decent trade in i'll buy it.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Would the dealer take in my regular hood? How much is a good estimate to expect i'm going tommorow and if they give me a decent trade in i'll buy it.
Dealers dont buy parts, especially used parts. They definitely dont do "trade-ins" on parts either.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Doubt they would give you anything for it at all, not much they could do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doubt they would give you anything for it at all, not much they could do with it.

I asked and they don't take a trade-in. I think i'm going to order one from a vendor here Allmoparparts.com and find a shop.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I asked and they don't take a trade-in. I think i'm going to order one from a vendor here Allmoparparts.com and find a shop.

You could always list your hood for sale somewhere. Or see if a salvage yard will buy it if you really want it gone

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could always list your hood for sale somewhere. Or see if a salvage yard will buy it if you really want it gone

Stock hoods here can be bought for a hundred bucks,even if they were pulled when brand new.There's so many you can pretty much pick your colour.I'm not even going to try and sell mine.I'll just wrap it up and tuck it away.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just jumping in here. I just bought a 2012 ST but I had a 2005 1500 Daytona and I made the "viper" hood functional even though it wasnt supposed to be. Is there a way to make your sport hood functional? just get rid of the inserts and fabricate an air box? or something? Again, I have only seen the sport hood in pictures. I havent had time to check one out in person but maybe I will. The ram air affect really helps in both power and mileage. Well, it did for me, anyhow.

Scoops on a sport hood are too low and too far back to work as ram air(even if the truck could go fast enough to get rue ram air).Air flow goes right over the top.Best you could do is get rid of a bit of heat from the engine compartment.

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boy it's too bad you guy's are South of the border as there are about 4 of those hoods for sale in Alberta for no more than $800. I bought mine for $100!! Had it painted, bought the vents now I'm in the process of installing LED's in them. Totally converting the front clip of my truck to '13+. All that's left is buying a complete front bumper assembly. My wife works for a Dodge dealership so I get stuff at her cost. Life is good.

Dwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sport hood

It says 799 as an option but when you try to buy it at the dealer it goes to 13-1500 thats what i was going to do on my express then they told that

But ive never seen a cheap one unless it was a trade for the regular hood and some cash good luck with the find

I paid $1085 tax and shipping included for my OEM aluminum sport hood/Rebel hood from the dealer

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i love my APM. its da ****! :D:D

DSC07292.jpg

How much is the APM hood?

2009 QCRB 4WD - 4.56/Shorties/FMTB/Intake/Exhaust/6” on 35’s/lots more [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought mine for $125 on craigslist, was hail damaged. Fiend of mine does paintless dent repair. Gave her $175 and aSeahawks jersey for $400+ in dent repair. Got lucky it was Black and so was my 2012 regular cab

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I bought mine for $125 on craigslist, was hail damaged. Fiend of mine does paintless dent repair. Gave her $175 and aSeahawks jersey for $400+ in dent repair. Got lucky it was Black and so was my 2012 regular cab
Is she really good at pdr? I’m looking for someone

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know if the Challenger hood vents would fit in the Ram Sport Hood? If so there is an available flow threw vent for the Challenger, good idea if it would work.