Off-Road Flatbed design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here! And when i say that, im talking about when my dad cut the exhaust off our motorhome and put some cherry bombs on it…he would pick my brother and i up from school on friday early so we could get to the races on time…and he would be out in the parking lot rapping on it for all my buddies lmao. Same thing when pulling into the pits at the races. Theres just nothing else that sounds like a thrush cherry bomb lol.

In high school seemed we all got our first rids and first thing ever done was a trip to the store for cherry bombs lmao. Those were the days!

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice Welds man, What is your setup?

Miller 140 , I have it maxed out ... :anitoof:

I installed a dedicated 20 amp circuit for it. So my lights aren't dimming... lol...

I only started Mig welding last summer. Still lots of room for improvement. I get really good penetration and my welds hold rellly well when we tested them.

I just need to work on my speed to have even beads

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I just need to work on my speed to have even beads
I feel you there man. That is still my kryptonite, or travel distance between passes are inconsistent. I got better when I rested the nozzle on my non-trigger hand, but like you said, I need to do it more to improve.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol you going to need air bags on the rear. That's going to add so much weight.

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Didn’t even know they were still made :33:

Is this turning into a Chevy Nova thread? Lol
When the exhaust pipe rusted off My 1980 Mustang with the straight 6 the previous owner had welded 2 glass packs together coming off the catalytic converter. Sounded real "tough." And then they fell off...

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Already got 8K timbrens and so Far they still aren't touching.

i added a flat bed to my chevy 3500 lots more weight lol. its the best truck i have ever had in the snow.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn’t even know they were still made :33:

Is this turning into a Chevy Nova thread? Lol

i was thinking the same thing. they used to be on display at every auto parts store lmao then po-of gone.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Im more thinking Headers straight to 3" cherry bombs and then 90 out... lol...
Make sure you make them easily removable,as they don't have a long life expectancy,but they do sound awesome,lol.Unless things have changed since i was a kid,i'd get about 1 summer out of a set of Cherry Bombs before the packing was all gone,and they were just a 2ft pipe extension,lol

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Got my Autocad 3d out today :headbang: ( Aka Carboard )

So Far im at 1300$ in metal . The Subframe is all 3"x1.5" .120 The headache rack is all 4"x2" .120 plus plate and angle for wooden deck.

Sold the bed and tailgate today on FB Marketplace. 850$ towards metal :anitoof:

View attachment 512045
View attachment 512046
Looks good. Not sure how hard you plan on wheeling. But I’ve seen the headache racks or flatbeds with it built in hit the top of cab when really flexing and or jumping. Just good for thought.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. Not sure how hard you plan on wheeling. But I’ve seen the headache racks or flatbeds with it built in hit the top of cab when really flexing and or jumping. Just good for thought.
Yes. Ive seen it with toppers too. Guy on powerwagonregistry had dents in the two outer/upper corners of the cab caused from his topper (which was the normal distance away for a topper) as he did some high speed trails with thuren suspension. Theres just a lot of flexing going on, especially in the body mounts.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Leaving 2 inches between the 2. Hopefully its enough
2” at the bottom is good. 2” at top questionable. Again dunno how hard you’re wheeling lol. Glass and cab repairs are expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963