Off Road package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think that's few and far in between in my area. They wanted to charge 7500 dollars to put a leveling kit on my original truck
That is insane. I did it in my dad's shop in about 2 1/2 hours. For $7500 you could take it somewhere and get a full lift, wheels and tires.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The off road package has 3.92 gears, hill descent control, electronic locker, different shocks and skid plates. Adding it after the fact would be quite expensive I would think.

That's why I added it at the time I ordered my vehicle .

Will the heavy duty shocks from the off road package also alter the ride quality? Adding firmness or a stiffer ride?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Will the heavy duty shocks from the off road package also alter the ride quality? Adding firmness or a stiffer ride?

I don’t personally think so. I drove a few different models with and without and I did not notice a difference.

19Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The off road package has 3.92 gears, hill descent control, electronic locker, different shocks and skid plates. Adding it after the fact would be quite expensive I would think.

I was more thinking the height difference for the off road package. I ordered my truck with 3.92 and e locker not that my truck will be going off road very often

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was more thinking the height difference for the off road package. I ordered my truck with 3.92 and e locker not that my truck will be going off road very often

You get 1” extra height with the ORP. You can get 2” with the factory lift or more with aftermarket.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You get 1” extra height with the ORP. You can get 2” with the factory lift or more with aftermarket.
The factory lift only works with non air ride trucks. OP has the air suspension. He will get the extra 1" with the offroad package though because they program the air suspension differently.

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I can say that my 2019 with the off road package rides better than my 2015 did and it did not have any type of off road package.

justice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would really like to know how the 1500 rides on highway with the off road package.

I ordered a 2019 Laramie Longhorn with air suspension and the off road package.

As you stated, the dealer didn't have one with the off road package, so I ordered it un-test driven.

I had previously ordered a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, then changed my mind and ordered a 2019 Ram. Of course the Longhorn is no Rubicon, but I felt I'd get the best of both worlds

I'm really hoping that the off road package does not destroy the awesome highway ride or add a bunch of tire noise with the all terrain tires.

I am getting ready to order a limited with the off road package and have the same questions ... did you get your truck yet? Any update appreciated!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have had my 2019 laramie 4x4 ccsb ORP with sport pkg. since the end of august. I think it rides great. I put the helwig swaybar on and still rides great. I came from a 2017 gmc sierra 4x4 ccsb and I think my ram 1500 handles better and rides a little smoother.

Alangsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had my 2019 laramie 4x4 ccsb ORP with sport pkg. since the end of august. I think it rides great. I put the helwig swaybar on and still rides great. I came from a 2017 gmc sierra 4x4 ccsb and I think my ram 1500 handles better and rides a little smoother.

What is the benefit of the Helwig sway bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
What is the benefit of the Helwig sway bar?

the helwig is just one of the after market sway bars available to replace the stock one with a stiffer one that reduces lean on turns and just generally stiffens up the rear end a little. I was getting a little shimmy in the back when towing my travel trailer. I think it is a factor of the ram having coil springs instead of leaf.

Alangsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the helwig is just one of the after market sway bars available to replace the stock one with a stiffer one that reduces lean on turns and just generally stiffens up the rear end a little. I was getting a little shimmy in the back when towing my travel trailer. I think it is a factor of the ram having coil springs instead of leaf.

Did it have any effect on ride quality when not towing?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
not too much. without the trailer, the truck seems pretty tight and responsive for a truck but not a harsh ride at all.

Mpmitch1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8

THE ORP rides awesome, in my opinion it rides better than the mopar lift with fox

kevinc32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if you can add an aftermarket lift to the truck if it already has the factory 1" installed?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add an aftermarket lift to the truck if it already has the factory 1" installed?
There are plenty of options. Just cruise through other threads in this Lifted forum as there are many options.

Depending on the components of the lift kit you may or may not have the same height results since you are starting 1" higher than the stock suspension.