Oil catch can for Ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mreservices

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Laramie 4WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am using the one made by Moroso and highly recommend it. Yes, it cost a bit more. It’s built very well and mounts left of the radiator for easy access. Most mount near the block. Also, the Moroso has a bottom drain so you an run a hose off the bottom or drain into an empty water bottle instead of reaching in and twisting the bottom can off. I find it much easier to use and does a great job. I had a bad shoulder (just had rotator cuff surgery) and could/can easily drain it. Any model you choose is a great investment in your ram. I drain mine about every 1.5k miles. You will be shocked at the amount of oil you get out that would have gone back into your engine. I ask did a throttle body clean with seafoam at the time of install to ensure it was clean.

Last edited:

MooseKitchen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Curious if anyone has used the Mishimoto catch can. It seems to have solid reviews, but also carries a hefty price. I'll stick with my Billet unit for now, but didn't know if there was an added bonus to the extra $100+ price tag.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mki5point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if anyone has used the Mishimoto catch can. It seems to have solid reviews, but also carries a hefty price. I'll stick with my Billet unit for now, but didn't know if there was an added bonus to the extra $100+ price tag.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I recently bought the Mishimoto for my 5.7. I bought the truck brand new and saved for it/installed it with 7,200 miles on it. I now have 8,500 and will be opening it up this weekend to see what I find and gauge how often drain intervals should roughly be. I did drive with a heavy foot when I first bought it because it's my first truck and I was shocked how quickly it picks up speed for something so large and weighs so damn much (coming from driving 4 cylinder manual "eco/semi sporty" kind of cars). Now I drive it very modestly and only get on it when I need to if I am merging on the highway, which is not often. Very curious to see what I find!

Michael Trevisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seeing if anybody can help installed my oil catch can and now I’m getting a P0507 code engine idle too high any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seeing if anybody can help installed my oil catch can and now I’m getting a P0507 code engine idle too high any ideas

Double check all the hose fittings, and that the can lid is sealed. Could be a vacuum leak in the can plumbing.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I built my own from a salvaged industrial air dryer.

058554d411207573ea51dd4febd85fb8.jpg

that’s pretty small for industrial was it on a regular?

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It came off the compressed air line for an x-ray machine that was used for scientific research.