Oil Filter Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Another way rust can get inside of the filter is if during manufacturing the metal gets exposed to moister and before its gets dry its then quickly punched into the canister, media and other parts are installed and its a oil filter an off to storage, we all know once untreated metal is exposed to moister it will slowly start to rust, this could why some are seeing runt inside the oil filter canister and or other filters parts...

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They're out there! So many guys have posted blood work on the internet detailing this after switching to keto/caveman/low carb type diets. All the bio markers improve, bad cholesterol goes down, type 2 diabetes is reversed (partly or in whole), the beer gut disappears etc.

This video here was one that I bookmarked years ago when I started looking into this:
Raff,

AMA guidelines suggest you are wrong.
Staying in Ketosis can blow out your kidneys.
High protein low carb is also appearing to be not good for kidney function.
If we look at studies of the eggs and cholesterol, studies from the New England med journal do show an increase in mortality in cardiac events/death. Other studies show eggs do not raise cholesterol, of course thes studies control groups are suspect, not long term studies are funded by the egg industry.

Afte r forty years of working in healthcare, though not an MD, here is my opinion for what it’s worth. Fad diets are short term quick fix.. very few can stay on them indefinitely and those that do have other issues.

Studies conclusions are influenced by those that fund them.

The Food industry is the most unregulated drug corporation . Check your labels for proof.

Trans fats will kill you.

The FDA protects the corporations, not the masses.

The AMA is not unbiased.

Pharmaceutical companies sell drugs, they are not concerned about the masses.

Our food supply is contaminated with poisons.

Being a strict vegetarian appears to the healthiest form of eating.

These are my opinions based on on reading countless studies from Med journals and observations of seeing pts. Coming into the ER.

The old adage, everything in moderation seems to be key.

All this being said, I enjoye my Delmonico steak cooked on the Weber charcoal grill tonight.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If we look at studies of the eggs and cholesterol, studies from the New England med journal do show an increase in mortality in cardiac events/death. Other studies show eggs do not raise cholesterol, of course thes studies control groups are suspect, not long term studies are funded by the egg industry.

Afte r forty years of working in healthcare, though not an MD, here is my opinion for what it’s worth. Fad diets are short term quick fix.. very few can stay on them indefinitely and those that do have other issues.

The Food industry is the most unregulated drug corporation . Check your labels for proof.

The AMA is not unbiased.

These are my opinions based on on reading countless studies from Med journals and observations of seeing pts. Coming into the ER.

All this being said, I enjoye my Delmonico steak cooked on the Weber charcoal grill tonight.

There is way too much wrong here to continue in an oil filter thread. Ketosis will not blow out your kidneys, remember (for example) the eskimos which survive off of meat/fat for months at a time, and many others have lived that diet straight for many years, again all their biomarkers have improved. If you have kidney disease then yes a high protein diet is not for you, but keto is not high protein its high fat.

Vegetarian is absolutely horrible for anyone who has gut issues. For a start if you're "strict" you won't get enough b12, and all those lectins and nightshade veggies just causes massive inflammation (ask me how I know, I've had gut issues for 25 years and have tried every diet, avoiding veggies at all costs is like 50% improvement right there.)

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So we need to do a mini test I'm thinking, we need to have some spunmicroglass in water, something like a soak and another piece in a dip in water and let dry, and see what we can figure. Theory, perhaps spunglass doesnt degrade with heat or oil, but perhaps water? As unlikely as it sounds, doesnt mean it isnt possible? Because of corey's issues the rust is an annoyance and the failed silicone is as well, but the media stiffening with water if it was water, is something we need to know.

I know from that filter left in the back of my wife's truck clearly years of heat cycles doesnt degrade rp media, and same with the filters I have cut open after use heat cycles and oil no noticeable degradation of that mnedia, but the water thing is still out there. And how did the silicone fail? Would that not suggest either a solvent or something like mold? If it was a solvent, it would be a manu issue? Water could be either storage or manu?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Raff,

The AMA is not unbiased.

Nothing wrong with a good steak, fries and salad. All in moderation, unless U be very wealthy and can afford it every day.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Off topic but lean meet is no longer the recommend meat to eat, they're coming back from that whole "don't eat fat it will give you heart disease" thing. It's not the fats in meats/butter/seeds/advocados/olives that is bad, its the highly processed vegetable oil fats (sesame/canola/sunflower) and deep fried foods that is causing inflammation and because of that, high insulin/diabetes and high cholesterol.
Ill have to find the graph again but when mcdonalds quit using tallow for their deep fryers and switched to vegetable oil, obesity in the US skyrocketed

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Eat beef and drink chaga is my strategy, literally is the most coffee tasting drink other then coffee. Potential benefits...

some of those benefits what you guys are talking about kidneys and stuff..

Takes like an hour in simmer to make it strong, 15 minutes most people drink it at. Put some creamer, you will think you are drinking coffee. No, I didnt stop drinking coffee, just added chaga to it.

find this one, perfect chaga

Sayan Siberian Pure Raw Chaga Mushroom Chunks with Black Top Crust​

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Eat beef and drink chaga is my strategy, literally is the most coffee tasting drink other then coffee. Potential benefits...

some of those benefits what you guys are talking about kidneys and stuff..

Takes like an hour in simmer to make it strong, 15 minutes most people drink it at. Put some creamer, you will think you are drinking coffee. No, I didnt stop drinking coffee, just added chaga to it.
Chaga? High Moly content? :D