Oil leak 2020 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek H

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give a heads up about an issue I had recently. I started noticing a small amount of oil on my garage floor a few months ago. When I got under the truck, there was oil around the filter housing, but it was other places too thanks to driving. When it went to the dealer for an oil change, they couldn't find a leak, so they cleaned it all up and had me drive some more. At the next visit, they found a leak at the oil temperature sensor, and it replaced it under warranty. I'm not sure if this will become a common issue, but I figured it was worth mentioning. Thanks!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could happen to anyone. Mass produced, things bound to happen. If running 100% and all ok, celebration time, LOL. I do not like how the AC drains are situated on the Gen 5 trucks, so I got a lil home engineering to fix drain issue, keeps it from getting clogged.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could happen to anyone. Mass produced, things bound to happen. If running 100% and all ok, celebration time, LOL. I do not like how the AC drains are situated on the Gen 5 trucks, so I got a lil home engineering to fix drain issue, keeps it from getting clogged

ny600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the heads up. Had a similar issue and the dealer said it looks like an aftermarket filter leak. I am not buying that excuse so I will have them re-check the sensor after I change my oil.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I will have them look at mine just had my 2021 oil change done and I have small leak. I'm going back to dealer Friday I will mention that to them. Is that located near the oil filter. When I crawled under the truck it was in the oil filter area.