Oil leak? Any possibilities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just wanting everyone’s input, to get a general idea where it might be coming from, make sure the shop isn’t ripping me off. So I had my lifters replaced and camshaft, oil pump, and timing chain. It got all out back together then I had to go back to the shop cause I had a oil leak on the valve covers driver and passenger then got that fixed and it stopped leaking driver side, but now I’m getting a small leak in the passenger side these are pictures best I could before dropping it off again where I found oil from.

There is a drop of oil right above the exhaust manifold on that end it’s kinda blurry phone wouldn’t focus on it.
2ABF8A0D-CF64-42E6-B5FF-FC9ACC476AF8.jpeg 2ABF8A0D-CF64-42E6-B5FF-FC9ACC476AF8.jpeg88F56748-A5E5-4ECC-AF16-4713D8AD3642.jpegAA0D48C7-C5BF-484F-B85B-ADE454D7A557.jpeg

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would hope they installed new valve cover gaskets and such when they did the repairs.

Does the '13 have mds solenoids? perhaps there's a leak in that area (under the intake manifold). It's as high/higher than the valve covers as well. But to me that would be a pressurized leak, and you would lose oil faster than a leak at the valve cover.

OP
OP
MarcoFuc

MarcoFuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would hope they installed new valve cover gaskets and such when they did the repairs.

Does the '13 have mds solenoids? perhaps there's a leak in that area (under the intake manifold). It's as high/higher than the valve covers as well. But to me that would be a pressurized leak, and you would lose oil faster than a leak at the valve cover.
They used a gasket, but they added a seal on top of it which another shop corrected and told me they should’ve of expected it to leak they should have only used the gasket.